Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
sohrab919 said:
thats great, well its good to have you both here hopefully some good news will come along while you guys are both here :D
thank u sohrab :) i hope good news will come along soon not just for us but everyone in here.. its already mid september what is going on!!!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
missbou said:
thank u sohrab :) i hope good news will come along soon not just for us but everyone in here.. its already mid september what is going on!!!
its crazy how fast time goes by and yet it feels its taking FOREVER!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Thanks Sohrab for your answer

Well I finally reached out to Mississauga's call center today since Damascus wouldnt pick up and I am not happy.. not with the service but with our actions.. * my husband and I*

I spoke with a lady and explained to her that my husband did the medicals last year and they expired in august so he went ahead and did them again on sept 2nd that way they would be ready for when they want to issue the visa. The doctor gave him a copy of some sort and told him he needs to mail this to me? Does this sound pertinent to you ?

First of all she said no he doesn't need to send you nor the embassy the copy of medicals and did they ask your husband to redo medicals ? I told her no but we thought we'd do it that way its all ready and we wouldnt have to wait longer.

She said you shouldnt redo medical exams unless they ask you too. I told her but I thought he couldn't travel if his medicals were expired.. she told me no that has nothing to do with it. They usually tell people to redo medicals when they are expired if something came out positive.. then i went OOOOOHHHHH and she said well if its not too late you can tell him to cancel oh well ya you already did them.. so I said yeah ouch.. should've been informed before doing so...

SO BASICALLY IF YOUR MEDICALS ARE EXPIRED DO NOT REDO THEM UNLESS THEY ASK YOU TOO.

My next question is WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE LADY FROM MY MP's OFFICE TELL ME " YA GO AHEAD AND RE-DO THEM"

Well that's about 200$ down the drain.. great it's raining money here tonight I shall be out to catch some lol *ALL MY OTTAWA PEOPLE.. IT WILL BE RAINING MONEY TONIGHT.. BIG BILLS TO BE PRECISE.. lol*

And also when my husband went to redo medicals the doc asked him did the VO ask you to redo medicals ? My husband said no and the doctor still went on with doing it without even telling him "listen man dont waste your money, the whole redoing medicals is only if something showed up and its expired.." How mean honestly ! !

Anyways im letting those of you who have expired medicals not to redo them and save your money and time.. I wish I had someone tell me earlier ! :(

Nagz.. I know i know frustrating and sad..

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
sorry to hear about thaat ??? i'm thinking not to redo them ::)
and what do u mean by "They usually tell people to redo medicals when they are expired if something came out positive"?

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
nath18 said:
and what do u mean by "They usually tell people to redo medicals when they are expired if something came out positive"?
Usually when you do the medical exam if everything is fine it all comes out as negative inshallah meaning there is nothing "wrong".. if it comes out positive then there is something and if its expired well they will ask the people to redo them to see if there is still that something wrong.. get it ? k hope i was clear lol

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
nath18 said:
Oh and your thinking right.. don't redo them !!

Mohammad_AB

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
geminibella said:
Thanks Sohrab for your answer

Well I finally reached out to Mississauga's call center today since Damascus wouldnt pick up and I am not happy.. not with the service but with our actions.. * my husband and I*

I spoke with a lady and explained to her that my husband did the medicals last year and they expired in august so he went ahead and did them again on sept 2nd that way they would be ready for when they want to issue the visa. The doctor gave him a copy of some sort and told him he needs to mail this to me? Does this sound pertinent to you ?

First of all she said no he doesn't need to send you nor the embassy the copy of medicals and did they ask your husband to redo medicals ? I told her no but we thought we'd do it that way its all ready and we wouldnt have to wait longer.

She said you shouldnt redo medical exams unless they ask you too. I told her but I thought he couldn't travel if his medicals were expired.. she told me no that has nothing to do with it. They usually tell people to redo medicals when they are expired if something came out positive.. then i went OOOOOHHHHH and she said well if its not too late you can tell him to cancel oh well ya you already did them.. so I said yeah ouch.. should've been informed before doing so...

SO BASICALLY IF YOUR MEDICALS ARE EXPIRED DO NOT REDO THEM UNLESS THEY ASK YOU TOO.

My next question is WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE LADY FROM MY MP's OFFICE TELL ME " YA GO AHEAD AND RE-DO THEM"

Well that's about 200$ down the drain.. great it's raining money here tonight I shall be out to catch some lol *ALL MY OTTAWA PEOPLE.. IT WILL BE RAINING MONEY TONIGHT.. BIG BILLS TO BE PRECISE.. lol*

And also when my husband went to redo medicals the doc asked him did the VO ask you to redo medicals ? My husband said no and the doctor still went on with doing it without even telling him "listen man dont waste your money, the whole redoing medicals is only if something showed up and its expired.." How mean honestly ! !

Anyways im letting those of you who have expired medicals not to redo them and save your money and time.. I wish I had someone tell me earlier ! :(

Nagz.. I know i know frustrating and sad..
I don't think that's the case. I think you did the right thing. I don't know what the lady is doing that make you believe whatever she says, however, it sounds reasonable to redo your medical when it expires. In the medical tests they check for some items like HIV, Hepatit, ...

Any applicant may be infected after one year and the philosophy behind the medical is rejecting people who put a financial burden over Canadian insurance companies.

anybody who intend to land as an immigrant is supposed to be healthy, so he/she should have a valid medical test.

I don't think you have wasted your money. We may do the same.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Mohammad_AB said:
I don't think that's the case. I think you did the right thing. I don't know what the lady is doing that make you believe whatever she says, however, it sounds reasonable to redo your medical when it expires. In the medical tests they check for some items like HIV, Hepatit, ...

Any applicant may be infected after one year and the philosophy behind the medical is rejecting people who put a financial burden over Canadian insurance companies.

anybody who intend to land as an immigrant is supposed to be healthy, so he/she should have a valid medical test.

That does make sense and your are right but at the same time I don't understand why she would say such a thing.. she works for CIC .. I would believe pretty much anything they tell me considering the fact that they are trained and qualified for the job..

Who knows..

All I know is im sick and tired of waiting and waiting and waiting..

I also asked her well when we sent in our application the processing time was 9 months now it has moved up to 13 does that mean we will have to wait 13 mo ? She said Yes because that is the CURRENT wait time.. :(:(:(

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
geminibella said:
I also asked her well when we sent in our application the processing time was 9 months now it has moved up to 13 does that mean we will have to wait 13 mo ? She said Yes because that is the CURRENT wait time.. :(:(:(
Look at the bright side sunshine.. you're past half way there.. ! GREAT oh and yes I am talking and replying to myself lol

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Mohammad_AB said:

I agree with you in some what you think, but when an OFFICER works on an application "By Book", it'll be very difficult!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
KhalidIraq said:
I forgot mentioning that "A Permanent Resident Visa" expires at the same day of medical results expiry.
Khalid.. Your ticket says 13 months ???? Really omg i hope u get your ppr soon inshallah i cant imagine waiting 4 more months :-:)-:)-(

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
geminibella said:
Khalid.. Your ticket says 13 months ???? Really omg i hope u get your ppr soon inshallah i cant imagine waiting 4 more months :-:)-:)-(
No, it does say 13 Months, 1 Week and 2 Days!
My wife's application had taken 7 Months and 12 Days in CPC - Vigreville, then was transferred to Damascus on March 15, 2011. After that, on April 25, 2011, my wife was sent an application package which even didn't include a medical form!
How sad it sounds!

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
geminibella said:
Look at the bright side sunshine.. you're past half way there.. ! GREAT oh and yes I am talking and replying to myself lol
ya msha7ar janet el benet. you're talking to yourself now?? lol Don't freak out I don't think what she said is RIGHT because so many people were asked to re-submit a medical exams and I don't think all of their tests came out positive. And why 13 months !!! they should finish the first files before attacking the next FIRST ARRIVED FIRST SERVED!!!!! We have waited enough!! We want justice!