2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
Yaya Marei said:
The interview will be held at 10:30 AM on Tuesday June 28th, 2011 at the Embassy of Canada, Damascus, Syria. This letter must be presented at the reception on the day of the interview.

-Your original and valid passport.

-EVIDENCE OF ONGOING COMMUNICATION.

-EVIDENCE YOUR SPONSOR CAN FINANCIALLY SUPPORT YOU IN CANADA.

-ANY OTHER EVIDENCE YOU DEEM PERTINENT TO SUPPORT YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

-COPIES OF YOUR SPONSORS PASSPORT PAGES WITH ENTRY/ EXIT STAMPS TRANSLATED INTO EITHER FRENCH OR ENGLISH.

Documents must be translated into English or French by a professional translator. If there is insufficient time to have your documents translated or obtained, please bring the originals to the interview. Translations will be required prior to the finalization of your case.

oponion
good luck yaya :) nchallah btetwafa2

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
nagz2207 said:
hah you can't wait?? btw r u in Lebanon now or in canada
Hello akid cant wait , marriage is very soon, and im in canada now - montreal ,saint laurent ! i hope to hear smt soon , cuz iti s really stressful - 8 months and counting

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
bash said:
Hello akid cant wait , marriage is very soon, and im in canada now - montreal ,saint laurent ! i hope to hear smt soon , cuz iti s really stressful - 8 months and counting
your wedding is in Lebanon?

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
bash said:
yes !
and no PPR yet ! :( :(
my wedding is in lebanon too but we are not doing anything big I think because his brother in law is sick, and his uncle is sick so... ya . that's how it goes in the middle-east when someone is sick you can't celebrate hehe

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
nagz2207 said:
my wedding is in lebanon too but we are not doing anything big I think because his brother in law is sick, and his uncle is sick so... ya . that's how it goes in the middle-east when someone is sick you can't celebrate hehe
Hope they will get better soon and wish u a great wedding ! and come back with ur husband inshala

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Dear friends,

when i recieved documents request from damascus in 19th april. they asked me to send them the filled RQ, original police certificate from canada(RCMP) and advise them that how long im residing in Canada. i completed the questionnaire my husband set it via email to them mean while he explained that i only was in canada for a total of 4 months and im back about 3 months ago do we still need to provide RCMP cause generally a visitor dose not need (i was there on a visitor visa) to provide police certificate.

they replied to his email with this sentence that please be advised no need to provide the RCMP. i was happy that they waive it cause it takes 120 days for a person out side of canada to apply for RCMP.

last week we recieved an up date from MP that the embassy that they have requested us to provide them with the RQ, original police check and how long i was in canada.
we again emailed the RQ and explained them that we emailed you the RQ right after your request in 22th april and you waived the RCMP in a reply to our email in 4th of may . please confirm the reciept of the questionnaire as well as RCMP waived.

this is their reply:we have recieved the RQ and your application is in que for review. please ba patient we will contact you once the application reaches the next stage of proccessing. they didnot mentioned any thing about RCMP

Now this is my question do i still need to provide RCMP. it takes like 4 months wich can add a big delay in our application im so confused??!! any opinion??

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hey guys,

ur thread is great very useful with a lot of info...hope u can help me preparing our application :)
i was going through the regional guides for Middle East and i noticed that only for these residents + Pakistan + Cuba they ask for either all the documents to be original or all the relationship with the sponsor documents to be original (i don't talk abt the marriage certificate, just the additional ones)...

many of what we have is not original per say (it needs to be printed from the computer anyway) and the cards for example have too much sentimental value for me to send them originals and get them back in 1-2 years or maybe never :(

what we have originals r the photos and maybe some receipts; for the rest: phone bills (i have online history from where i print as pdf), common bank account i give photocopy, skype record (it's a whole excel file sent by skype), sms, chat or emails (i have screenshots of logs and some conversations), same for contact with his family or his contact with my family, for the gifts i send pictures/receipt/description, etc, etc

did u guys send everything originals? if u send photocopies do u feel the process was slower?

thanks so much for ur time, help and feedback....good luck to all!!! :)

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
missmini said:
hey guys,

ur thread is great very useful with a lot of info...hope u can help me preparing our application :)
i was going through the regional guides for Middle East and i noticed that only for these residents + Pakistan + Cuba they ask for either all the documents to be original or all the relationship with the sponsor documents to be original (i don't talk abt the marriage certificate, just the additional ones)...

many of what we have is not original per say (it needs to be printed from the computer anyway) and the cards for example have too much sentimental value for me to send them originals and get them back in 1-2 years or maybe never :(

what we have originals r the photos and maybe some receipts; for the rest: phone bills (i have online history from where i print as pdf), common bank account i give photocopy, skype record (it's a whole excel file sent by skype), sms, chat or emails (i have screenshots of logs and some conversations), same for contact with his family or his contact with my family, for the gifts i send pictures/receipt/description, etc, etc

did u guys send everything originals? if u send photocopies do u feel the process was slower?

thanks so much for ur time, help and feedback....good luck to all!!! :)
it doesnt affect anything really, i mean other than the mandatory files like marriage certificate and stuff nothing needs to be original, i mean even the marriage certificate i sent was a photocopy, i have the original, pretty much unless they say Absolutely original then don't worry about it, i think the only original thing i sent was pictures and phone bills, other wise everything was notarized/translated official copies, which is what they wanted.

danny_a

May 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
Hey everyone, GOT PPR this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
sohrab919 said:
it doesnt affect anything really, i mean other than the mandatory files like marriage certificate and stuff nothing needs to be original, i mean even the marriage certificate i sent was a photocopy, i have the original, pretty much unless they say Absolutely original then don't worry about it, i think the only original thing i sent was pictures and phone bills, other wise everything was notarized/translated official copies, which is what they wanted.
i seeeeee thank u sohrab, that's comforting :) good luck

danny, congrats for ur PPR!!

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
danny_a said:
Congrats danny, so did they ask u to go to damascus or u can get it from beirut???, i saw that they start processing in nov 3,
mine is in oct 13 and still waiting !
congrat again

tati00

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
lebanon - tripoli
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/3/2011
File Transfer...
27/4/2011
Med's Done....
4/2/2011
danny_a said:
congratsssssssss danny

danny_a

May 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
bash
thxx im sure urs will be very soon.
if u are a lebanon resident - there is now an option to submit it in Beirut embassy mentioned on the PPR.
But its not clear if u get it the next day in Beirut. Its mentioned that the easiest way of all is to claim it in Damascus.
I will figure out now if I will go or send someone on my behalf to damascus