+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Mohammad_AB

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

Today I talked to my wife. She said some of her friends who were scheduled to have their interviews (skilled worker) in Damascus got a phone call from the embassy to cancel the interview due to the safety issues.

Also, one other friend of ours was waiting for her medical, however, it is postponed too.

Would you let me know if you have had any correspondence with the embassy recently?

I don't know, may be we should start writing a petition forwarded to the authorities to consider the unfrtunate situation in Syria. We don't deserve to be influenced by the crisis.

Mohammad

Azadehkhanoom

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
2-11-2010
Mohammad I agree with you.The situation in Syria is not getting any better.The waiting it self is hard but to have to worry about the situation in Syria is making it unbearable.

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohammad_AB said:
Hi Guys,

Today I talked to my wife. She said some of her friends who were scheduled to have their interviews (skilled worker) in Damascus got a phone call from the embassy to cancel the interview due to the safety issues.

Also, one other friend of ours was waiting for her medical, however, it is postponed too.

Would you let me know if you have had any correspondence with the embassy recently?

I don't know, may be we should start writing a petition forwarded to the authorities to consider the unfrtunate situation in Syria. We don't deserve to be influenced by the crisis.

Mohammad
yes they cancelled all the interviews in damascus for june anf july...

Mohammad_AB

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Does anybody have any update, if our section is working?
about the phone calls:
try startec.com

I have used it for two years and I am satisfied with the low rate : less than 5 cent to Tehran and less than 7 cent to beirut.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
What's the email address you guys use for emailing the embassy?

I think I read in the forum that it was Sohrab who said whenever he emails them gets a response soon, right? Sohrab will you please give me the email address? maybe "dastet khube" o be ma ham zud javab bedan! :D LOL!

Cuz if we don't get my husband's file number in a few weeks we want to email them and ask for it.

Thanks.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
I've got a stupid question! :p

Is it ok that as for my husband's mailing address in the forms we wrote down my home and mailing address in Canada? You guys told me that communications will be in email, I'm asking just in case ;)

I read in another forum that someone else did this too, but she was her husband's representative! Well technically I'm not my husband's representative! I mean we didn't fill out the form "use as a representative"!! ::)

Thanks! :)

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
vivi2 said:
What's the email address you guys use for emailing the embassy?

I think I read in the forum that it was Sohrab who said whenever he emails them gets a response soon, right? Sohrab will you please give me the email address? maybe "dastet khube" o be ma ham zud javab bedan! :D LOL!

Cuz if we don't get my husband's file number in a few weeks we want to email them and ask for it.

Thanks.

na baba aziz maa az in shansa nadarim haha damascus-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
hala ishalah daste shoma ma khoob basheo zood javab begiri, vivi jan when you email them make sure your question isnt general, because then they will give you a general answer, say i am asking about my husband ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, date of birth,,,,,,,,,, and when they reply they will include the file number, but if you ask generally they wont,

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Mohammad_AB said:
Guys,

I got the file number by E-mail.
I checked the e-Cas, the address is correct. however, as I said we have not received anything by mail even the file number.

The processing of my wife's file has been started in Dec 21; however, yet after close to five months we have not received any notice about the RQ form.
Is it normal?

doostane iraani ye havaa be man roohiyeh bedin,

-Mohammad
mohammad jan akhare khati, aziz omideto az dast nade, faghat be in fekr kon ke har rooz ke migazre nazdiktar mishi be didan va boodan ba hamsaret, it is normal, RQ is a useless form to just buy time for them, 9 ta soale, thats it, 9 question 1 signature , thats it ! its a joke really, its normal, they can send it at anytime, even RIGHT before PPR, pas negaran nabash,

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
general message to everyone, although syria is in a bad situation, nothing has changed when it comes to the embassy, they are working full force , they have not cut any services and they have not changed anything, they cancelled interviews for safety of the people , but other than that nothing has changed

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
sohrab919 said:
na baba aziz maa az in shansa nadarim haha damascus-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
hala ishalah daste shoma ma khoob basheo zood javab begiri, vivi jan when you email them make sure your question isnt general, because then they will give you a general answer, say i am asking about my husband ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, date of birth,,,,,,,,,, and when they reply they will include the file number, but if you ask generally they wont,
Thanks dear Sohrab for the email address and also the helpful tips. :) Thank you.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
sohrab919 said:
general message to everyone, although syria is in a bad situation, nothing has changed when it comes to the embassy, they are working full force , they have not cut any services and they have not changed anything, they cancelled interviews for safety of the people , but other than that nothing has changed
Very nice to hear this, thanks for the positive energy sohrab jan :)

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
vivi2 said:
Thanks dear Sohrab for the email address and also the helpful tips. :) Thank you.
khahesh mikonam aziz, by the way i forgot to say DAMET garm haha i love your positive attitude, thats how we should all look at things, honestly its the only thing we have, obviouslyi cant imagine the pain you guys are going through waiting 6 7 8 9 months or more but all i know is that you didnt do anything to make it last that long and you cant do anything to make it go faster.... so why go crazy and stress our selves out! THE BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
sohrab919 said:
Does this mean if someone was scheduled for an interview.. and it's cancelled for the peoples safety the interview just gets waived or the person has to wait until all is good ? hmmmm.. tough line !

danny_a

May 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
hey everyone, just joined this forum and have been reading every post. i wanna say its a lot of relief, i thought i was the only one going through all this pain, its been 10 months my wife and i are going through this.
i just wanna thank whomever is contributing & wish everyone the best of luck. u learn how to become so patient...i really hope the situation in damascus doesnt impact the embassy work and im sick of hearing rumors about the embassy prioritizing refugee applications and honestly, its unfair to put us out of the picture at this point, it's inhumane to separate us from our loved ones...really counting on getting the ppr soon, i cannot wait anymore....

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
geminibella said:
Does this mean if someone was scheduled for an interview.. and it's cancelled for the peoples safety the interview just gets waived or the person has to wait until all is good ? hmmmm.. tough line !
yea it is tough, they postpone the interview and file goes on HOLD till things go back to normal! but dont worry its not us, only FSW files, spouse sponsorship in damascus doesnt have interviews! :D