Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
A beautiful update ... My husband informed me that he received an email from Damascus and his ID number has been changed to B and some numbers and we received the questionnaire! We are going to fill it out today inshallah and have it sent by tomorrow. It says as follows ; This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:

-The attached Residency Questionnaire should be completed and signed by yourself after consultation with your sponsor.

-Military service card and Military Service Background Record, or Proof of Military Exemption****** I don't understand this what are we supposed to fill out ? My husband did not do any military what so ever ?? Did anyone else get this ???

I will post the questionnaire for all of you soon as I believe it has been changed from the previous ones I've seen!!

Good luck to all!! So the in process date is may 1st I guess and questionnaire as well. Any news from anyone else on here ? Good luck inshallah and fast visas as well!

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
geminibella said:
A beautiful update ... My husband informed me that he received an email from Damascus and his ID number has been changed to B and some numbers and we received the questionnaire! We are going to fill it out today inshallah and have it sent by tomorrow. It says as follows ; This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:

-The attached Residency Questionnaire should be completed and signed by yourself after consultation with your sponsor.

-Military service card and Military Service Background Record, or Proof of Military Exemption****** I don't understand this what are we supposed to fill out ? My husband did not do any military what so ever ?? Did anyone else get this ???

I will post the questionnaire for all of you soon as I believe it has been changed from the previous ones I've seen!!

Good luck to all!! So the in process date is may 1st I guess and questionnaire as well. Any news from anyone else on here ? Good luck inshallah and fast visas as well!
They need to see his military service card if he served in military.
If not then there should be an exemption card or letter that says that your husband didn't serve in military and he is exempted.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
mohammedessam said:
They need to see his military service card if he served in military.
If not then there should be an exemption card or letter that says that your husband didn't serve in military and he is exempted.
Ooooh... hmmm Ok so I guess my husband will have to find out from where he can get that paper as he didn't serve anything anywhere ! Thank you for your answer mohammedessam.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Also another thing, I did try to contact Elie Salibi who was running for conservative here in Ottawa... Left him a msg.. he called me friday around 4:50.. I was still at work so I didn't pick up.. then I called him back when I was done at 5.. secretary answered... said he will call back.. so basically this is just to say we've been playing phone tag.. but who cares anymore.. we're in process alhamdulilah ! lol :)

Here is the email word by word for those who are interested...

Dear ****** ********,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:

-Military service card and Military Service Background Record, or Proof of Military Exemption

You must send photocopies of the Arabic/Farsi originals of all documents. Only send ORIGINAL documents when requested. All documents, in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by original certified translations into English or French, except the passport.

Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 60 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us before visas are printed.

Note: Any passport changes after the visas are printed will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of $30.00 CDN/1400 SYP for each visa that needs to be reprinted. Please visit our website www.syria.gc.ca to determine the fee required and method of payment.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO PROCEDURES FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS:

All correspondence/documents must be sent directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus at the address indicated above. DO NOT send or submit any documents to our offices in Amman, Beirut or Tehran. Any correspondence you send to these offices will be returned to you.

Please note, if you are successful and a visa is issued you will be requested to send your ORIGINAL PASSPORT directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus via commercial courier. Passports cannot be submitted to our offices in Amman, Beirut, or Tehran. DO NOT send your original passports until you are requested to do so. At that time you will be provide with additional information on procedures.

Your file is being processed in Damascus. No representations, faxes, telephone calls or correspondence can or will be answered by these Embassies; all inquires must be sent directly to the visa office in Damascus.

Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & fax numbers on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.

Regards,

Immigration Section / NRJ

Canadian Embassy, Damascus

P.O. Box 3394

Fax: (963-11) 611-8034

Web site: http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/syria-syrie/

E-mail: damascus-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party

To view the CIC policy on Internet, click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/notices.asp.

Here is what the questionnaire looks like.. word by word..

RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE
EMBASSY OF CANADA
DAMASCUS, SYRIA
To be completed by the Principal Applicant

Name: _____________________________________________ FILE Number: ______________________

1) Is your sponsor currently a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident?

 Canadian citizen  Permanent Resident

2) Is your sponsor currently in Canada?

YES – If yes, you must answer questions A and B below.
A) My sponsor has most recently been physically residing in Canada from _____ /______ to
mm yyyy
_____ /______ .
mm yyyy

B) I last saw my sponsor in ________________ from _____ /______ to _____ /______.
Place mm yyyy mm yyyy

NO – If no, you must answer question A below.
A) My sponsor has been living outside of Canada since _____ /______.
mm yyyy

3) Will you and your spouse be both moving to Canada and reside together permanently?

YES NO

4) Have you, as the principal applicant, made any particular plan to establish yourself in Canada?

YES – Please provide details about your plans: ___________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

NO – If no, please explain why not? _____________________________________

5) Does your sponsor own any assets in Canada? Please tick one or more:

Bank Account House Credit card
Apartment Business
Other assets | Please specify _______________________

6) Has your sponsor filed the most recent annual tax filing with the Canada Revenue Agency as a factual resident of Canada?

YES – If yes, when? _____ /______.
mm yyyy
NO – If no, please explain why not? _____________________________________

7) Is your sponsor currently employed in Canada?

NO, my sponsor is currently not employed.

YES - If yes, you must complete the details below:

My sponsor is currently employed as a _________________________ since _____ /______
Job Title mm yyyy
My sponsor works:
 Permanent Full-time  Permanent Part-time
 Temporary Full-time  Temporary Part-time

Details of your sponsor’s employer:
Company Name: __________________________________________________________________________
Location of employment (Complete address): ___________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Telephone Number.: ___________________________ Fax Number: _________________________________

8) Starting with your sponsor’s current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers your sponsor has worked for since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

Employer Job Title From
DD / MM / YYYY To
DD / MM / YY

9) Please give the name of the countries where your sponsor has resided, your sponsor’s complete address(es), and telephone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

Country Complete address(es) and telephone numbers From
DD / MM / YYYY To
DD / MM / YYYY

I declare that the information I have given in the foregoing application is truthful, complete and correct.

Hope this helps .. :) And good luck to all inshallah !!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
When they ask : 4) Have you, as the principal applicant, made any particular plan to establish yourself in Canada?

Shoudl we answer yes ? or no ? It's kind of tricky.. like we have made plans for my husband to establish himself here but we also said if it didn;t work out i would go to lebanon and live there... ? Im kind of confused.. any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
geminibella said:
When they ask : 4) Have you, as the principal applicant, made any particular plan to establish yourself in Canada?

Shoudl we answer yes ? or no ? It's kind of tricky.. like we have made plans for my husband to establish himself here but we also said if it didn;t work out i would go to lebanon and live there... ? Im kind of confused.. any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dear geminibella, its the exact same questionare as before ! but anyways, fore sure answer YEs, and explain, for example my wife rented a 1 bedroom apartment, she has found some possible jobs for me,i am going to take english/french classes to be settled in faster and things like that you know , something that shows that he has plans for when he arrives, like when my wife gets her RQ she is going to say, shes going to continue her education and look for work rightaway, dont say anything about you going to lebanon, thats going to make your case look bad, because if they think this is just temporary for you guys to decide MAYBE Canada is a living place then its not going to help you!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
dear geminibella, i dont know if you've decided how you are going to send the RQ but i think your husband should sign it and then scan it and email it to them since its the fastest way and the situation in syria now who knows if it affects the mail

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Definitely GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US that the embassy is processing files........ last week we had a PPR and now an RQ, so thank GOD things havent changed much in syria and files are being processed! lets all hope it stays like this

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
sohrab919 said:
Definitely GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US that the embassy is processing files........ last week we had a PPR and now an RQ, so thank GOD things havent changed much in syria and files are being processed! lets all hope it stays like this
Inshallah ya rab !!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
sohrab919 said:
dear geminibella, its the exact same questionare as before ! but anyways, fore sure answer YEs, and explain, for example my wife rented a 1 bedroom apartment, she has found some possible jobs for me,i am going to take english/french classes to be settled in faster and things like that you know , something that shows that he has plans for when he arrives, like when my wife gets her RQ she is going to say, shes going to continue her education and look for work rightaway, dont say anything about you going to lebanon, thats going to make your case look bad, because if they think this is just temporary for you guys to decide MAYBE Canada is a living place then its not going to help you!
That makes LOTS OF SENSE !! tHank you so much.. that`s why I felt like I had to ask someone.. it`s always better to get a 2nd answer :)

Thank you for your great help Sohrab919.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
sohrab919 said:
dear geminibella, i dont know if you've decided how you are going to send the RQ but i think your husband should sign it and then scan it and email it to them since its the fastest way and the situation in syria now who knows if it affects the mail
I think email is the easiest as you said however they also added this in the email :

All correspondence/documents must be sent directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus at the address indicated above. DO NOT send or submit any documents to our offices in Amman, Beirut or Tehran. Any correspondence you send to these offices will be returned to you.

And the only address indicated above is
Visa Section
P.O Box 3394
Damascus, Syria

Yallah its ok Inshallah kheir !!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
geminibella said:
I think email is the easiest as you said however they also added this in the email :

And the only address indicated above is
Visa Section
P.O Box 3394
Damascus, Syria

Yallah its ok Inshallah kheir !!

No problem at ALL :D, yeah they add this to all messages since some people make the mistake of thinking they can just go to the embassy in their city and give the files to them, this is why they send it to remind the applicants DAMASCUS is the only embassy that processes Immigration so dont give your files the embassies in jordan or iran, or lebanon, , i didnt know about the whole email thing but sleen told me in this forum that you can email the RQ to them so i thought i would do the same when i get it

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
sohrab919 said:
No problem at ALL :D, yeah they add this to all messages since some people make the mistake of thinking they can just go to the embassy in their city and give the files to them, this is why they send it to remind the applicants DAMASCUS is the only embassy that processes Immigration so dont give your files the embassies in jordan or iran, or lebanon, , i didnt know about the whole email thing but sleen told me in this forum that you can email the RQ to them so i thought i would do the same when i get it
thanks again :)

Hmmm.. It`s not a bad idea tho... maybe I will email it and mail it to be on the safe side.. haha !!

Do you by chance know of the name of the person where my husband can get the proof of exemption from military ? What is the name of the person in arabic that he should get that from ?

Thank you

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
I'm very curious...
does anyone in here know why some people it takes almost another 6-8 months after documents sent to receive the passport request ? That is crazy.. the timeline makes it seem like every time you are closer, you are just that much further to getting the passport request... wow

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
honestly i think everyone would agree RQ is just a waste of time, its 9 silly question making sure YOU LIVE IN CANADA and havent moved since you became a sponsor, thats it, its just to buy them time ! it doesnt matter if you get RQ 2 months after you apply, its still going to take like 7 8 9 months, RQ is just to give you a little hope that ooooo my file is going well thats it, i mean read the question, its silly, anyways , gemini, the military thing all depends on your husband, is he in lebanon? like every country is different, some countries its not mandatory to serve in the military but iran for example is , so you have to photocopy your military card or exemption card, other countries is different....... im not too sure about the military rules in other countries but he should look into it