+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damaged passport

Seshanjali

May 28, 2018
Hi, I recently with my kid and husband did soft landing and came back to India with my kid ( my husband stayed in Toronto) I have my pr card with me but not my son's. It got delivered to my husband after we left for India.
Now my problem is both mine and my sons passports got damaged slightly due to water. I don't want to take a chance and want to apply for new passport. If I get new passports for both of us how will it effect our next entry to Canada. Should I inform cic about new passport at any point of time before booking my tickets as I am planning to move to Toronto in April 2020

Please suggest

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, I recently with my kid and husband did soft landing and came back to India with my kid ( my husband stayed in Toronto) I have my pr card with me but not my son's. It got delivered to my husband after we left for India.
Now my problem is both mine and my sons passports got damaged slightly due to water. I don't want to take a chance and want to apply for new passport. If I get new passports for both of us how will it effect our next entry to Canada. Should I inform cic about new passport at any point of time before booking my tickets as I am planning to move to Toronto in April 2020

Please suggest
No need to inform IRCC about the new passport. Go ahead and get a new passport.

Damaged or tampered passports are void and make you ineligible to travel or use it as a proof.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

Please suggest
Get new passports. Ask your husband to air mail you on fast track your kid's PR Card if you haven't done that already. After landing in Canada your proof of entry and identity will be your PR Card. Passport is for travelling purpose and your PR Card is proof to enter Canada now. For extra back up you may also keep yours and your son's COPRs, though I highly doubt you will need it if you have yours and your son's PR Card already with you. That's all. Good luck!

Last edited: