+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dalhousie vs carleton vs Concordia

kartik.puri

Feb 28, 2016
Hello guys,

Can u help me to select a course out of following:
1 MACS Dalhousie university.
2 MapCompSc (Masters of applied computer science) Concordia univerity, Montreal.
3 Meng ECE Carleton University.

Mentioning pros and cons of each coursd is highly appreciable...

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Dalhousie - Only famous for MCS Internetworking course.Most students opt for thr above course and rest of them aren't famous.

Concordia - Haven't heard much about it in the Engineering sector but heard that their Mechanical Program js good .

Carleton & University of Ottawa : One of the Best Aerospace & Mechanical program and you have the capital advantage. UofOttawa also has a reputed Engineering Management program

Looking at the courses that you've specified, You have to look into McGill , UofWaterloo ( Best ECE & Mechatronics) , UofAlberta , SFU .

Reactions: Jack_Patel

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
varunnarayan said:
Dalhousie - Only famous for MCS Internetworking course.Most students opt for thr above course and rest of them aren't famous.

Concordia - Haven't heard much about it in the Engineering sector but heard that their Mechanical Program js good .

Carleton & University of Ottawa : One of the Best Aerospace & Mechanical program and you have the capital advantage. UofOttawa also has a reputed Engineering Management program

Looking at the courses that you've specified, You have to look into McGill , UofWaterloo ( Best ECE & Mechatronics) , UofAlberta , SFU .
What wonerful pearls of wisdom to give to someone who already has his admits and wants advice on choosing between them.

Bravo! ***SLOW CLAP***

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
harvijay1001 said:
What wonerful pearls of wisdom to give to someone who already has his admits and wants advice on choosing between them.

Bravo! ***SLOW CLAP***
harvijay1001 said:

Bravo! ***SLOW CLAP***
You can mock me all you want but I wouldn't go to a University unless it has the best education that I could get for thr money that I'm investing. I got into the best 5 Universities in Canada with almost 80% scholarship. So, I know what I'm talking about .

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
In that case, I know a thing or two about Grad School admissions as well.

And the OP and the rest of us have obtained admits from the best possible universities we could obtain with our scores, preferences and budgets.

Also, CS and ECE department admissions tend to be more competitive than Mech or Civil and grad admissions are way more competitive than Undergrad.

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Group for Concordia Jan 2017 intake.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 12:31:33 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove

Please reply if anyone knows:
1. Study permit approved from CHC Chd on 15 Oct 2016 ( Conestoga College, Ontario PG Dip in Mob Sol Dev 02 yrs ) for Jan 2017 intake

2. Got Acceptance for Masters in Applied Computer Science from Concordia University, Quebec on 25 Oct 2016 for Jan 2017 intake.

3. Wants to join Concordia now.

4. Viable options for me are as under:

a) Complete the formalities like registration with $ 250 and apply for CAQ and then request for Change of DLI
to CIC Here in India.

Or

b) After getting CAQ approval went to Montreal and got DLI changed at POE to Concordia from Conestoga after showing the Acceptance letter, CAQ approval.

Or

c) Go to Toronto get study permit for Conestoga apply for withdrawl and fee refund then Join Concordia.

4. Requesting good suggestions from enlightened members please and should I deposit $ 1000 more in GIC as per QUEBEC requirements.

succeedbeat

Sep 3, 2015
Carleton ECE is an average course. If your goal is to learn and study computer courses then ECE in Carleton Uni doesn't offer much. This time, SYSC department has canceled 3 courses.
In Carleton University, the registration process is like they open registration for some students early and for others late. So you won't even get a chance to register for some courses as they will be full before your registration opens. To make things worse, they allow you to register max 3 courses per semester while Uottawa students can register 5 courses and their registration is opened for all students at once.

I can't say about other two universities much but you can ask me anything about the Carleton University.
The best way to choose the university is to download the course list from each university and compare what they offer. Go to the university which aligns with your goal. Check professor ratings on ratemyprofessor.com

Jack_Patel

Jan 4, 2019

Hello, I have done bachelors in electrical engineering with 8.65 CGPA and my IELTS score is 7.5. in addition to that i have two years of experience. I have applied in University of Calgary , Queens university and University of Waterloo for MEng ECE program. I am not sure for my chances. I want to apply for one more university which should be best for ECE ? Can i get chance in U of A ? and Do you have any idea about Meng mechatronics at U of Waterloo ? as electrical grad how it would be?