Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hello,

This is my first thread on this forum so kindly spare me if I make any mistake(s) :)

I have applied for couple of programs including MEng program at Dalhousie University and today when I checked the status of MEng application it said, "Decision Made" and beneath that it said, "Written Notification To Follow". I am a little confused about this status.

There are some threads on other forums, which have members saying that those who are either wait-listed or rejected are shown this combination of messages. Anyone who has had a similar experience? Any idea what's around the corner? I am really biting my nails out of curiosity :|

Thanks in advance :)

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
Serendipity14 said:
That's disheartening :(

Thank you for the reply though.
Have you tried contacting them? How come the exact decision isn't viewable online? I find that a little weird. I think maybe you should try contacting someone from the admissions office to find our of there's a way for you to know your application results without having to wait for the mail. :) hang in there!

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
scottdickson86 said:
Have you tried contacting them? How come the exact decision isn't viewable online? I find that a little weird. I think maybe you should try contacting someone from the admissions office to find our of there's a way for you to know your application results without having to wait for the mail. :) hang in there!
Sent them an email. Now even reading their response would be a difficult proposition.

Also, I have applied for one more program (MEC) at Dalhousie. For that the online application tracker doesn't even show documents received when the courier for both the programs was received on same day!

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
I know what you mean. MY POI told me that he's making his final decision Monday or Tuesday next week. It's very nerve wrecking.

And it sucks that some universities haven't ironed out their application process, no? I mean it is pretty standard to provide confirmation of receipt of docs. That to me is pretty basic. But keep emailing people. I'm sure you will hear from someone! :)

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Serendipity14 said:
Hello,

This is my first thread on this forum so kindly spare me if I make any mistake(s) :)

I have applied for couple of programs including MEng program at Dalhousie University and today when I checked the status of MEng application it said, "Decision Made" and beneath that it said, "Written Notification To Follow". I am a little confused about this status.

There are some threads on other forums, which have members saying that those who are either wait-listed or rejected are shown this combination of messages. Anyone who has had a similar experience? Any idea what's around the corner? I am really biting my nails out of curiosity :|

Thanks in advance :)
If u havent got any email regarding ur admission then its rejection, usually if u get admission they send email regarding the confirmation but still have some hope because my confirmation email went to junk and I coudlnt get it, though i was admitted

Reactions: Pradhav

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
scottdickson86 said:
I know what you mean. MY POI told me that he's making his final decision Monday or Tuesday next week. It's very nerve wrecking.

And it sucks that some universities haven't ironed out their application process, no? I mean it is pretty standard to provide confirmation of receipt of docs. That to me is pretty basic. But keep emailing people. I'm sure you will hear from someone! :)
True. What amazes is the fact that for one program they have taken a decision whereas for other their online tracking doesn't even reflect documents received. I know different departments are involved but still.

All the very best for your admission! Do share the good news :)

sharjeel91 said:
If u havent got any email regarding ur admission then its rejection, usually if u get admission they send email regarding the confirmation but still have some hope because my confirmation email went to junk and I coudlnt get it, though i was admitted
I haven't received any sort of communication from them. Anyhow, as scottdickson86 suggested, I have written an email to the office assistant at Dalhousie University regarding a clarification. I guess by Monday everything will be clear.

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
Serendipity14 said:
All the very best for your admission! Do share the good news :)
Thank you! I will. And you too! :)

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
What ever decision they make they always send a regret email or congrats email.
I got congrats mail after 3 regret emails :)

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
What ever decision they make they always send a regret email or congrats email.
I got congrats mail after 3 regret emails :)
You made it at last :) BTW do they specifically mention when a candidate has been accepted in online application tracker?

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Mmm...i didnt check in the univ from where i got regret emails...but u did from where i got congrats email.
Before email status was- under final review by faculty of graduate
After email-decision made accepeted.

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
Mmm...i didnt check in the univ from where i got regret emails...but u did from where i got congrats email.
Before email status was- under final review by faculty of graduate
After email-decision made accepeted.
Looks like it isn't going to be a happy news tomorrow. Thanks for the help though :)
All the best for future!

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Hope for the best..if one door colses other will open..

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
lovedeepsingh said:
Hope for the best..if one door colses other will open..
I hope so too. I have applied to other universities. All I can do is wait for the final decision to be made.