+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAKAR OFFICE VISA DELAY

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
We all in the same case,i don't imagine an Embassy holding my passport for over 5months.its not professional.
Dakar has had my passport since October 2019! they sent us a letter oct 2020 to get the passport and visa, after dhl took it to Cote divory, they said give back and asked for another judiciare. his visa expires Feb 2021!

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
My wife got acknowledgement of receipt of the passport on the 17th of december and ever since then Dakar office is not coming back to us.
Please is the anyone who submitted round about that time?
did you hear? they got our passport oct 2019. sent approval oct 2020 but dhl half way to his country to give, they asked for it back to get another judiciaire.

sarwar_gm

Jun 5, 2019
My passport is with Dakar VO for 1.5 years now and there are no update from them. I have tried to contact with them by email in several times but they are not responding any of email. How an embassy can do this not to response users email? Is there anyone who can help me to know which other way we can contact with them? Keeping someone passport for such longtime, is it normal? Anyone has any suggestions on it.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
My passport is with Dakar VO for 1.5 years now and there are no update from them. I have tried to contact with them by email in several times but they are not responding any of email. How an embassy can do this not to response users email? Is there anyone who can help me to know which other way we can contact with them? Keeping someone passport for such longtime, is it normal? Anyone has any suggestions on it.
How did you submit your Passport? Did you use VFS service?if so you must have Tracking number? You should contact VFS Dakar https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html. Mostly your passport has misplaced

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
How did you submit your Passport? Did you use VFS service?if so you must have Tracking number? You should contact VFS Dakar https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html. Mostly your passport has misplaced
they have had ours for 1 year now and accepted it but let the judiciare expire. now they do another background check AFTER shipping the visa half way back across Africa and stopping it to return back to them. I contacted the head of immigration, they do nothing. email them as well. his name is Marco I believe

sarwar_gm

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, I send my passport through DHL and they received this passport as per DHL tracking. But after that there are no update. Even I send several emails to embassy but they didn't reply any of them. Do you know how we can contact with them effectively on my passport.

sarwar_gm

Jun 5, 2019
they have had ours for 1 year now and accepted it but let the judiciare expire. now they do another background check AFTER shipping the visa half way back across Africa and stopping it to return back to them. I contacted the head of immigration, they do nothing. email them as well. his name is Marco I believe
Can you please share the head of immigration person email address to me (personally)? My passport is with them for more than a year now. If I get this email then I can also contact with him to see if I can get any update. Thanks in advance for your help.

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
Can you please share the head of immigration person email address to me (personally)? My passport is with them for more than a year now. If I get this email then I can also contact with him to see if I can get any update. Thanks in advance for your help.
I emailed Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship , If you google his email address. They didn't help me and just blamed it on covid.

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
Has anyone heard anything since?
My timeline:
1) June 28, 2018 - application started
2) Sept 2018 - Asked for criminal (we sent a good citizen paper instead/ our mistake)
3) Feb 2019 Medical Check
4) Oct. 2019 asked for passport
5) Nov. 2019 - Asked for Judiciare
6) Feb.2020 - Asked for medical again (2000km because he could not cross the boarder to get to the closest one to him)
7) March 10th 2020 approved
8) Oct 9th - Accepted letter send for currier and quarantine plan - bought ticket to come Oct. 31st
9) Oct. 11t 2020 - Submitted quarantine plan
10) Oct 20 2020 - DHL picked up the passport
11) Oct 21 2020 Passport was in Cote D'Ivore
12) Oct 22nd - letter stating we needed another Judiciare becuase the other one had been expired. They stopped the passport and had it sent back to faculty.
14) November 18th submitted Judiciare
15) November 23rd - Dakar said they had the Judiciare and it is pending review
16) Member of Parliament contacted again on December 9th and it is still pending review.
17) January 12th SILENCE AND STILL APPROVED BUT BEING REVIEWED... visa was stamped already and expires next month.

sarwar_gm

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, is there anyone heard any update from Dakar visa office? Is it normal for this office to process in such delay and even not response any emails? If anyone have any update please post here.

cibok005

Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone
any updates from Dakar VO its been 5 months quite in this forum
???????????.
at this point I don't even know if Dakar VO is working

Limnyuy

Jul 18, 2021
Application mailed to Sydney Nova Scotia: March 26, 2019
Application Returned as Incomplete: June 20, 2019
Application redone and resubmitted: July 10, 2019
Application Received in Sydney Nova Scotia: August 02, 2019
Acknowledgment of Receipt: October 23, 2019
Sponsorship Approval: October 25, 2019
Biometrics Fees Request: October 25, 2019
Biometrics Exam Request: November 5, 2019
Biometrics Completed: November 26, 2019
Medicals Request: November 05, 2019
Medical Exam Completed: November 29, 2019
Email from Sydney Nova Scotia (Application Forwarded to Dakar Senegal for further processing): November 05, 2019

Hi Guys, now that CIC backlog finalization processing is October 2019, has anyone been getting good news lately or updates to their profile status? I am outland August 2019 applicant. My medicals and biometrics were completed back in November of 2019. Wife's MP contacted Dakar visa office a couple of times and their reason for the delay is the pandemic but most people stuck in the pandemic wrath should be those that could not get medicals done due to closure of VO's across the globe. I am frustrated and tired of ordering GCMS notes. My application has been in process since 2020. The last time MP contacted this VO, they said I should watch for online backlog status. Now currently finalizing last week of October 2019, still dead silence. I am tired and exhausted checking ECAS everyday.

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
Application mailed to Sydney Nova Scotia: March 26, 2019
Application Returned as Incomplete: June 20, 2019
Application redone and resubmitted: July 10, 2019
Application Received in Sydney Nova Scotia: August 02, 2019
Acknowledgment of Receipt: October 23, 2019
Sponsorship Approval: October 25, 2019
Biometrics Fees Request: October 25, 2019
Biometrics Exam Request: November 5, 2019
Biometrics Completed: November 26, 2019
Medicals Request: November 05, 2019
Medical Exam Completed: November 29, 2019
Email from Sydney Nova Scotia (Application Forwarded to Dakar Senegal for further processing): November 05, 2019

Hi Guys, now that CIC backlog finalization processing is October 2019, has anyone been getting good news lately or updates to their profile status? I am outland August 2019 applicant. My medicals and biometrics were completed back in November of 2019. Wife's MP contacted Dakar visa office a couple of times and their reason for the delay is the pandemic but most people stuck in the pandemic wrath should be those that could not get medicals done due to closure of VO's across the globe. I am frustrated and tired of ordering GCMS notes. My application has been in process since 2020. The last time MP contacted this VO, they said I should watch for online backlog status. Now currently finalizing last week of October 2019, still dead silence. I am tired and exhausted checking ECAS everyday.
We waited 3 years. we're accepted the day before covid closed everything. mp contacted them often. nothing. finally October, we were accepted again and they sent the visa. unfortunately, because they previously accepted us March, they paused his papers again to do criminal. when they sent the visa, it expired the next day. we then had to send it back, go for medical again and send another criminal, wait 3 months to finally be approved again. 3 years 1 month... your in for a long wait.sorry.