+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CWP to PR

tlswodnjs

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,

I have been working in Canada on a closed work permit (intra company transfer) for 6 months and worked in the US for the same employer since August 2014. Will I be able to claim the 50 points for the below question in the federal skilled worker application? I have been working with the employer for 3.5 years but have only been in Canada for 6 months now.

Has _____ been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
Hi,

I have been working in Canada on a closed work permit (intra company transfer) for 6 months and worked in the US for the same employer since August 2014. Will I be able to claim the 50 points for the below question in the federal skilled worker application? I have been working with the employer for 3.5 years but have only been in Canada for 6 months now.

Has _____ been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Thank you
1. No, it is Canadian work permit that IRCC is talking about.