Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Hello everyone
I landed to Canada after 3 years of getting pr card. After landing immigration officer wrote CWOP on my passport. What does it mean

Thanks

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Cancelled Without Prejudice. This is likely in reference to a visa or similar.

It means that something is cancelled (no longer valid), but you didn't do something bad to get it cancelled. It's a sign to any immigration officer who sees it later that you weren't denied entry, or something like that.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It's also applicable if you needed an IM-1 visa as part of your immigration application. These are cancelled when you "landed".

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
kateg said:
Cancelled Without Prejudice. This is likely in reference to a visa or similar.

It means that something is cancelled (no longer valid), but you didn't do something bad to get it cancelled. It's a sign to any immigration officer who sees it later that you weren't denied entry, or something like that.
Thank you so much for your input. So will there be any problem in my pr renewal or any future entry to canada?

Thanks

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
zardoz said:
It's also applicable if you needed an IM-1 visa as part of your immigration application. These are cancelled when you "landed".
Thanks for your input. I landed for the first time in 2011. At that time CWOP was not written on my passport. When I landed again after 3 years gsp then thet wrote CWOP on my canada entry stamp

Thanks

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Mobassir said:
Thank you so much for your input. So will there be any problem in my pr renewal or any future entry to canada?

Thanks
None whatsoever. I had a few of those myself - my first study permit was cancelled when they made a mistake and had to reissue it. My second one (and work permit) were cancelled when I landed.

It's similar to an administrative denial - if you get to the border and forget your passport (or if you flagpole), that doesn't count as "denied entry".

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
kateg said:
None whatsoever. I had a few of those myself - my first study permit was cancelled when they made a mistake and had to reissue it. My second one (and work permit) were cancelled when I landed.

It's similar to an administrative denial - if you get to the border and forget your passport (or if you flagpole), that doesn't count as "denied entry".
Thanks dear
God bless you

anahat_

Jul 26, 2021

Hey. I was studying in Canada in 2019 for a semester but then I had to come back because my grandmother wasn't doing well and I wanted to be with her. After that I got my visa cancelled without prejudice because I wanted to continue my studies but they weren't offering online studies. So I took admission in a pathway degree where I would be doing half of my Canadian degree back in India and the rest in Canada. Now I am done with half of my degree and I have applied for my new study visa would this affect my future visa application in anyway. I am really worried.