+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CV - question - Parents's PR sponsorship application

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Hi,

I received an email from CIC requesting various documents for my Parents with regards to their PR application.
Can someone share thoughts on the following:

1. CV/Resume:
- How much detail are they looking for?
- is there a sample someone can share pls?
- my dad has been self-employed for last approx 30 years. do they need any docs on that?
- before being self-employed he was working with small private companies and doesn't necessarily have all the employment documents - ?? - is that an issue here?
- For his education - we do not have all the documents - will they ask for it?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

I received an email from CIC requesting various documents for my Parents with regards to their PR application.

1. CV/Resume:
- my dad has been self-employed for last approx 30 years. do they need any docs on that?
- before being self-employed he was working with small private companies and doesn't necessarily have all the employment documents - ?? - is that an issue here?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Not sure what kind of details you need......the Guide provides details on how to complete the forms.

Refer.......Step 2. Complete the Application
Appologies, I think I wasn't clear.

I have already submitted the application in 2016 Jan.

Now, they are requesting CV/Resume, Medical Exam, Travel history, Police Clerance certificate.

And I have the below questions:

Is CV/Resume a typical document request?

Thanks
Indiapnp

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Appologies, I think I wasn't clear.

I have already submitted the application in 2016 Jan.

Now, they are requesting CV/Resume, Medical Exam, Travel history, Police Clerance certificate.

And I have the below questions:

Is CV/Resume a typical document request?

Thanks
Indiapnp
1. CV/Resume

Don't have a standard format for resumes to share.....will advice you prepare a simple resume, look for sample on the internet.......i think a resume should have these sections........FULL NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT DETAIL, EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE (previous jobs, also state if unemployed, a student, etc).

For his education.......don't think they will ask......nut you could provide what you have......

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-got-request-to-upload-cv-why-cic-needs-cv-resume.481521/

2. Medical Exam

IRCC usually will send the instructions for medical exam.

3. Travel history

This you and your parents should be able to provide.

4. Police Clearance Certificate

How to get a police certificate

jerryliuisme

Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

1. CV/Resume:

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Hi

Have you heard any feedback since submitted the CV yet? My father got the CV request too. He has been self-employed for 20 years. I want to find some reference to estimate the timeline. Thank you very much.

Jerry

lrlidentity

Aug 7, 2018
yes, it went through. we got the PR stamped.
let me know if you have any more questions.
May I ask how you prepare parents' employment history? They ask for details of all positions held. But I dont think my parents will have any previous documents and my father is also self employed. He does have license.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Thank you. I'm wondering how long you heard back from CIC after uploading your additional documents? I uploaded my documents last Friday.
Could you please send me the sample format and my father also self employed throughout his life and did some part time job

Rishabh4545

May 30, 2019
Hello, Is there any sample available that can be shared for Parents CV? I have got the same request from IRCC.

Thank you

mala123

Aug 24, 2020
HI,

If anyone have sample format for parent CV and it has been acceptable please share with me. Due to paper work in Covid my parents immigration got delayed in documentation and they need to be stamped before medical expires in November.