+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Customs and Immigration stamps in Passports of Visa free Citizens

mike1947

Mar 19, 2010
Hi,
This subject has been talked about many times before, but with various accuracy.
If you have any info to give me on the following statement it would be appreciated.
I arrived in Canada at YVR 6 dec 2009,
Blue Customs stamp, with no commentary,
I was due to leave 6 JAN 2010, but I changed my return date to 3rd April,because I went to Australia from Vancouver the 7th of February and returned he 24th FEB. CHEAPER TO FLY FROM YVR THAN HEATHROW.
When I re-entered Vancouver on the 24th feb I was asked a few questions fron a I.Officer and then given a blue/red stamp with a commentary 23AUG 2010, a valid 6 months stay.
But I am leaving on the 3rd April for the UK. but will return in the month of May, for another visit to Alaska, cruise, and a probable trip to Australia.
What will be the validity of the Immigration stamp issued to my passport on the 24th of February?..
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
The stamp on Feb 24th says you can stay until August 23rd, 2010. You can leave anytime before then.
If you leave in-between those dates, you will be interviewed again by the custom officer upon re-entry. You may receive a new stamp stating how long you can stay. If your passport isn't stamped, it means you can stay for up to 6 months since the date of your re-entry.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mike1947 said:
Hi,
This subject has been talked about many times before, but with various accuracy.
If you have any info to give me on the following statement it would be appreciated.
I arrived in Canada at YVR 6 dec 2009,
Blue Customs stamp, with no commentary,
I was due to leave 6 JAN 2010, but I changed my return date to 3rd April,because I went to Australia from Vancouver the 7th of February and returned he 24th FEB. CHEAPER TO FLY FROM YVR THAN HEATHROW.
When I re-entered Vancouver on the 24th feb I was asked a few questions fron a I.Officer and then given a blue/red stamp with a commentary 23AUG 2010, a valid 6 months stay.
But I am leaving on the 3rd April for the UK. but will return in the month of May, for another visit to Alaska, cruise, and a probable trip to Australia.
What will be the validity of the Immigration stamp issued to my passport on the 24th of February?..
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
You may probably be asked some questions again but may be given another 6 months.