Custody Documents for a dependent child who is not coming

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If she makes a notarized affidavit in my country stating that "she had tried to find the child but could not and since she is not in contact with him from the past 9 years she would like to withdraw her parental rights and that she would never sponsor the child to come to Canada." Will this be a valid document that they would accept?
You can try. IRCC doesn't like excluding dependent kids, so they may not accept that. It would be better if she could show actual proof of trying to find the child.

jamshedali

Aug 21, 2017
You can try. IRCC doesn't like excluding dependent kids, so they may not accept that. It would be better if she could show actual proof of trying to find the child.
Proof like texting her Ex-Husband or e-mailing him for knowing their whereabouts?
We're trying to contact the divorce lawyer to get a copy of the custody judgement if there is any, in case we do get a certified copy of the custody order from the court then will the child be exempted from providing his medical exams?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Proof like texting her Ex-Husband or e-mailing him for knowing their whereabouts?
We're trying to contact the divorce lawyer to get a copy of the custody judgement if there is any, in case we do get a certified copy of the custody order from the court then will the child be exempted from providing his medical exams?
Yes, and contacting family members or mutual friends, doing a legal search, etc.

If you have a court document stating the father has complete custody, yes, that is generally accepted by IRCC without issue.

jamshedali

Aug 21, 2017
Yes, and contacting family members or mutual friends, doing a legal search, etc.

If you have a court document stating the father has complete custody, yes, that is generally accepted by IRCC without issue.
Thanks for the response, I am not sure why the custody details are not mentioned in the divorce papers, she will contact her lawyer tomorrow and ask him for those papers if they do exist. We are also trying to get a copy of those papers from the court.
what about the proof of funds, if we do get the documents proving that sole custody of the child is with the father then I won't be requiring to show funds of the child as well right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the response, I am not sure why the custody details are not mentioned in the divorce papers, she will contact her lawyer tomorrow and ask him for those papers if they do exist. We are also trying to get a copy of those papers from the court.
what about the proof of funds, if we do get the documents proving that sole custody of the child is with the father then I won't be requiring to show funds of the child as well right?
Regardless, the child remains her legal dependent, so I would think POF would still be required for 3 but don't know for sure.

Sidrahliaquat

Nov 3, 2019
I have full physical and legal custody of my daughter her father is applying for canaidan
Immigration can he withdraw from her sponsorhip with out informing me

Sidrahliaquat

Nov 3, 2019
I have full physical and legal custody of my
Daughter her father is applying for canadian
Immigration can he withdraw from the right
Of her future sponsorship without informing
Me

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have full physical and legal custody of my
Daughter her father is applying for canadian
Immigration can he withdraw from the right
Of her future sponsorship without informing
Me
As you have full custody, he can try to have the child excluded from the app by saying you won't allow her to have the medical. He doesn't need to inform you of this.

If he asks, you really should let her get the medical done and not be excluded.