File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reached out to the one you've recommended and unfortunately they don't have anyone based in PEI. They also said without the custodianship form I'll be rejected. This is really tough
You will be refused without a guardian.

One option could be to postpone your studies to January.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
You will be refused without a guardian.

One option could be to postpone your studies to January.
Interesting.

What about my visa application? Will I have to wait until it's rejected or should I cancel it if there are no other options?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Interesting.

What about my visa application? Will I have to wait until it's rejected or should I cancel it if there are no other options?
I may have misunderstood the situation. Did you already submit a study permit application?

BMCA

May 11, 2022
I may have misunderstood the situation. Did you already submit a study permit application?
I'm in the process of it yes. I paid the application fee, did my biometrics, sent in all the information they've asked. The only document I'm missing is the custodianship declaration form.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm in the process of it yes. I paid the application fee, did my biometrics, sent in all the information they've asked. The only document I'm missing is the custodianship declaration form.
I see. Your options are as follows:

1) Find a guardian in PEI.
OR
2) Withdraw your application, defer your studies to a later date and reapply once you are 18 years old.
OR
3) If you don't want to start your studies later and want to start in September, withdraw your application, get accepted into a school in a different province where guardianship is possible through an agency and reapply for the study permit with the new school.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
I see. Your options are as follows:

1) Find a guardian in PEI.
OR
2) Withdraw your application, defer your studies to a later date and reapply once you are 18 years old.
OR
3) If you don't want to start your studies later and want to start in September, withdraw your application, get accepted into a school in a different province where guardianship is possible through an agency and reapply for the study permit with the new school.
Unfortunately the last option is not possible, I chose to study in PEI because it was the cheapest and best option for me. International tuition rates are through the roof in other provinces.

One question though, will withdrawing my application grant me a refund? If so then I might do that, it's only $250 but that's not something I wish to pay for nothing

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately the last option is not possible, I chose to study in PEI because it was the cheapest and best option for me. International tuition rates are through the roof in other provinces.

One question though, will withdrawing my application grant me a refund? If so then I might do that, it's only $250 but that's not something I wish to pay for nothing
It is possible to get a refund, if your file has not been processed. You will need to wait until you turn 18 and then reapply. How much is annual tuition - around $15K.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Alright. Thanks. Guess I'm outta luck
how did this end up? you were able to transmit the application to Ircc without a custodian? Please update me asap. were you saying Ircc contacted you to declare a custodian after you already transmitted the application ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
how did this end up? you were able to transmit the application to Ircc without a custodian? Please update me asap. were you saying Ircc contacted you to declare a custodian after you already transmitted the application ?
How old are you to require a custodian? Post is almost 2 years old.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What I'm thinking of doing is sending the application without it and then when we find a custodian we can add it to the application via the web form
Why don’t you apply when you have a custodian? If not complete, it will be returned. Adding a document through webform can take a long time and it may be returned even if webform is submitted. Is this secondary or post secondary? There are companies that do this for a fee. Or ask the school and they may have a list.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Why don’t you apply when you have a custodian? If not complete, it will be returned. Adding a document through webform can take a long time and it may be returned even if webform is submitted. Is this secondary or post secondary? There are companies that do this for a fee. Or ask the school and they may have a list.
It's post secondary. And if we wait the bank statement will get outdated