+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodianship Declaration Form?

BMCA

May 11, 2022
Hello, I'm an international student coming from KSA applying online for a student permit.
I filled out the forms and did everything but recently I was contacted to fill out the IMM5646 Form for custodianship as I'm a 17 year old.
I was wondering what I'm meant to do here.
I do not have anyone I know living in Canada, I'll be going alone and I'll be studying in PEI.
Does anyone know what I have to fill in the form? I'll be living on-campus and I'll have my meal plan paid for as well.
I already tried filling it out but they didn't accept it and they asked me to fill it out again.
My question is, do I NEED a custodian? Can I leave the form unfilled? The deadline is on May 19th so if I don't fill it by then they'll go off of what I already sent in.

Thank you!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I'm an international student coming from KSA applying online for a student permit.
I filled out the forms and did everything but recently I was contacted to fill out the IMM5646 Form for custodianship as I'm a 17 year old.
I was wondering what I'm meant to do here.
I do not have anyone I know living in Canada, I'll be going alone and I'll be studying in PEI.
Does anyone know what I have to fill in the form? I'll be living on-campus and I'll have my meal plan paid for as well.
I already tried filling it out but they didn't accept it and they asked me to fill it out again.
My question is, do I NEED a custodian? Can I leave the form unfilled? The deadline is on May 19th so if I don't fill it by then they'll go off of what I already sent in.

Thank you!!
When do you turn 18? You are a minor so require a Canadian custodian until you turn 18. You can’t fill out the form. Ask your school if they take on custodianship or know of any agency that does.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
When do you turn 18? You are a minor so require a Canadian custodian until you turn 18. You can’t fill out the form. Ask your school if they take on custodianship or know of any agency that does.
I turn 18 on November 17th, after my semester starts in September.
Could I seek out an agency myself? Is this even possible to do in 8 days?
How would my school take on custodianship if they're in KSA?

edit: just realized you meant my university. I will email them now and ask.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I turn 18 on November 17th, after my semester starts in September.
Could I seek out an agency myself? Is this even possible to do in 8 days?
How would my school take on custodianship if they're in KSA?

edit: just realized you meant my university. I will email them now and ask.
Yea contact the university as they would have sealed with the issue before.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
Yea contact the university as they would have sealed with the issue before.
Just emailed them and now waiting for a response, do you think I have time to do this before May 19th? Also, thank you for the suggestion.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
Do not know. If they take on the guardianship then they fill out the form.
Hey, I emailed the university and they said they don't take on guardianship.

Would you happen to know what I should do from here? I feel very lost and I'm not sure if I should just leave the document required blank and hope I get the visa or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Would you happen to know what I should do from here? I feel very lost and I'm not sure if I should just leave the document required blank and hope I get the visa or not.
There are agencies that offer these services. Here's one:

https://isguardianshipcanada.com/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Definitely do not leave the document required blank. That will result in a refusal. You need to arrange for guardianship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, thanks for the link but I only have 7 days to do this, is that possible? Also, does this agency work in Prince Edward Island?
No idea. You need to contact them.

There are other agencies out there. You can google to find one in PEI.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
Definitely do not leave the document required blank. That will result in a refusal. You need to arrange for guardianship.
Alright, thank you.

Also, when I emailed my university they said there are no agencies based in PEI, and the custodianship states that the custodian has to live nearby, is it fine if the custodian is somewhere else?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alright, thank you.

Also, when I emailed my university they said there are no agencies based in PEI, and the custodianship states that the custodian has to live nearby, is it fine if the custodian is somewhere else?
I don't know. Again, would strongly recommend you reach out to one or more of these agencies to ask these questions.

BMCA

May 11, 2022
I don't know. Again, would strongly recommend you reach out to one or more of these agencies to ask these questions.
Reached out to the one you've recommended and unfortunately they don't have anyone based in PEI. They also said without the custodianship form I'll be rejected. This is really tough