+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodian declaration

IevgenG

Jul 6, 2017
I am aplaying online for study permit outside canada and visa, I am 16 years old so i need Custodian declaration but i do not see the place where i can upload this form ( file). Please advise how and where needs to aupload this form

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
When I applied last May , I didn't have this issue , it was on my list.
Are you applying by yourself or your parents? did you enter the date of birth correctly?
Try this:
Try the wizard again (apply by your self) and enter the birthdate correctly , they will provide with a list of required documents.
If the Custodian Form is not there , you may attach it to the Letter of explanation or report a technical issue.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
This is the list for a minor student :

Birth Registration/Certificate (required)
Letter of acceptance you received from the educational institution in Canada that you will be attending.(required)
Passport (required)
Custodian Declaration form (IMM5646) (required)
A notarized document is a document that has been certified by a notary.
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.(required)
Family information (IMM5645) (required)
Schedule 1 - Application for Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
Letter of Explanation (required)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017
When I applied last May , I didn't have this issue , it was on my list.
Are you applying by yourself or your parents? did you enter the date of birth correctly?
Try this:
Try the wizard again (apply by your self) and enter the birthdate correctly , they will provide with a list of required documents.
If the Custodian Form is not there , you may attach it to the Letter of explanation or report a technical issue.
Well I am doing this for my sister, and I set the "Are you giving someone access to your application?" to No. I checked the birth date, it is correct (2001/01/08) but still...
Is the wizard the "eligable checking" thing in the beggining of the questionnarie?
I might stick with the LOE, but I am scared to do things wrong
Also the do not request for family info. Should i make anyway?
thank you by the way! I hope you answer back fast

Last edited:

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Well I am doing this for my sister, and I set the "Are you giving someone access to your application?" to No. I checked the birth date, it is correct (2001/01/08) but still...
Is the wizard the "eligable checking" thing in the beggining of the questionnarie?
I might stick with the LOE, but I am scared to do things wrong
Also the do not request for family info. Should i make anyway?
thank you by the way! I hope you answer back fast
Apparently , you are doing something wrong , from the online account , delete the current application or withdraw (I don't remember)
Start a new one : hit the first link: Vist, study , etc...
You will be asked for a number , just say you don't have and check eligibility , be careful when you answer the questions.
At the end you will be provided with a list of required documents.
It is ok to say No for: "Are you giving someone access to your application?".

Yes.

Aug 29, 2017
Apparently , you are doing something wrong , from the online account , delete the current application or withdraw (I don't remember)
Start a new one : hit the first link: Vist, study , etc...
You will be asked for a number , just say you don't have and check eligibility , be careful when you answer the questions.
At the end you will be provided with a list of required documents.
It is ok to say No for: "Are you giving someone access to your application?".

Yes.
I finally found the problem :D
There was this question : Are you currently, or will you be living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for the entire period of your stay?
I wrote yes, because we already had the paper where my sister going to live, and so on... But than I wrote No and than there was the place for it :D
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it

Dec 15, 2018
I want to apply for study permit in Ontario CANADA . I am 17 year old and I will turn 18 before joining college... please tell me if custodian form is required? Because some people are saying that in Ontario minor age is below 16 while some are saying that custodian form is required.. please help...

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
I want to apply for study permit in Ontario CANADA . I am 17 year old and I will turn 18 before joining college... please tell me if custodian form is required? Because some people are saying that in Ontario minor age is below 16 while some are saying that custodian form is required.. please help...
What you did?