+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodian Declaration Form

PHGLPagani

Mar 23, 2017
Hello,

I am soon to be 18 (July) I have no custodian in Canada but I still want to study in Alberta, Canada. Can I submit my application without uploading my Custodian Declaration Form. I am planning on living on my university campus, does that mean I don't need a Custodian Form?

Thank You.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
PHGLPagani said:
Hello,

I am soon to be 18 (July) I have no custodian in Canada but I still want to study in Alberta, Canada. Can I submit my application without uploading my Custodian Declaration Form. I am planning on living on my university campus, does that mean I don't need a Custodian Form?

Thank You.

What documents to bring to study in Canada

In addition to the documents needed to enter Canada, a minor will need additional documents if he is less than 17 years of age and comes to Canada to study without a parent or legal guardian. The minor must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada. This person is known as a custodian. In some cases, a custodian may also be needed for minor children between 17 years of age and the age of majority in the province or territory of the educational institution where they intend to study. This will be at the discretion of an immigration officer.

A minor will need two notarized documents to study in Canada. A notarized document is a document that has been certified by a notary.

The first notarized document must be signed by the parents or legal guardians of the minor child in the child’s country of origin.
The second notarized document must be signed by the custodian in Canada.

Exceptions: Studying without a study permit
In some cases, minor children do not need a study permit to study in Canada. These cases include:

• minor children attending kindergarten;
  • minor children who are refugees or refugee claimants, or whose parents are refugees or refugee claimants; and
  • minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school.
When minor children studying in Canada without a permit reach the age of majority (turn 18 or 19 depending on the province or territory), they must apply for a permit if they want to continue studying.

Dec 13, 2018
I am from Bangladesh. I want to study in Canada. My is good. I need a custodian in Canada science I am under 18. I will pay money for that. please help me.