+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently waiting for my PR application to ge approved

monse blanco

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

I applied last year for my PR through common-law sponsorship. It's been over a year since they received & started processing my application. And it's been almost 3 years since I entered the country. I haven't been able to leave the country in all this time, and because of covid the processing times are very uncertain.
I'm wondering if getting married would help to either accelerate the process or at least be able to leave the country while they're still processing it without risking not being able to come back.
My main desire is being able to leave the country at least during this processing time (since I'm not able to work yet).

I appreciate any advise you can give me, thank you.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hello,

I applied last year for my PR through common-law sponsorship. It's been over a year since they received & started processing my application. And it's been almost 3 years since I entered the country. I haven't been able to leave the country in all this time, and because of covid the processing times are very uncertain.
I'm wondering if getting married would help to either accelerate the process or at least be able to leave the country while they're still processing it without risking not being able to come back.
My main desire is being able to leave the country at least during this processing time (since I'm not able to work yet).

I appreciate any advise you can give me, thank you.
When did you apply and at what stage is your application?

monse blanco

Jul 11, 2022
When did you apply and at what stage is your application?
They received my application on June 18th, 2021 and my status is still "in progress" but I've already submitted medical exams, biometrics, police certificate, etc. And last time I was contacted was on April 2022

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
I was in the exact situation as you, its frustrating i know, but all of a sudden things start moving super quickly. You are almost done.