+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

currently on study permit.want to cancel and than come back in may

Jenis18

Oct 19, 2017
about taking refund from college.. each college have their own policies about making refund. most colleges dont refund fees if u want to withdraw after 1 week of commencement of the classes ( contact ur college for more details on it).. so u can pretty much say good-bye to the fees u have already paid for this semester.

about cancelling ur visa and applying for new one.. ur new application will be considered as a whole NEW application regardless if ur previous application was approved or not. meaning approval will depend on the course u applied for etc etc.

what i will suggest is to get the admission letter from the college u want to attend and simply transfer there.
also u can contact ur school to inquire about credit transfer to other institutes .
hey,
Recently in August 2017 I went to Canada through student visa but due to certain circumstances, I went into depression that I had to came back to India within a month and in a hurry to get my scotia money, I cancelled my student visa
But I still ve the study permit.

Now I again want to go back through student visa. Do I need to do all the procedure from starting ? Or if I write an application to Canadian embassy claiming that I still ve a valid study permit n request them to re issue my student visa?

if I apply from the starting, will I get the student visa again?

Please suggest me something..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey,
Recently in August 2017 I went to Canada through student visa but due to certain circumstances, I went into depression that I had to came back to India within a month and in a hurry to get my scotia money, I cancelled my student visa
But I still ve the study permit.

Now I again want to go back through student visa. Do I need to do all the procedure from starting ? Or if I write an application to Canadian embassy claiming that I still ve a valid study permit n request them to re issue my student visa?

if I apply from the starting, will I get the student visa again?

Please suggest me something..
I am a bit confused what you cancelled. By not attending your program your student visa will be automatically cancelled. You will have to reapply and go through the same process. Nobody can guarantee you will get approved but I would be honest and explain what steps you will take to deal with your health when you return to Canada.

Jenis18

Oct 19, 2017
I am a bit confused what you cancelled. By not attending your program your student visa will be automatically cancelled. You will have to reapply and go through the same process. Nobody can guarantee you will get approved but I would be honest and explain what steps you will take to deal with your health when you return to Canada.
But on the cancelled visa it's marked as 'cancelled without prejudice' so will this stop me from getting the student visa second time ?

rishiu

Jun 6, 2018
I have exactly the same situation as you and I do not know what decide I should make?!
I had decided to lan in canade on late April, I mean after registration deadline of the first university which I applied for my visa with, and show my new admission letter to the POE office, but by reading the post in this page, I do not know what i should do again??!!!also My first university wont give me differal letter since my professor couldnt have grant for me/
im in same situation right now. could you please guide me what you did...!!!!!! will be a great help!!!!!

Rasheedakhtar

Sep 7, 2019
But on the cancelled visa it's marked as 'cancelled without prejudice' so will this stop me from getting the student visa second time ?
Bro where can I get my study Visa cancle amto get my GIC refund as I m going back to India. And what documents are required at airport except passport and ticket while going back. Please reply and it would be better if you ping me on what's app 12267929108. Its urgent query.please reply

Lamideepa

Feb 6, 2020
I was on an open work permit before, I recently applied for study permit and I start my study but due to a load of my study I feel depressed and want to cancel the study permit and go back to open work permit again. What can I do in such a situation? Just cancel the recent visa or should have to reapply for an open work permit? I came in Canada with spousal dependent visa. Is there any suggestion in such case?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Just cancel the recent visa or should have to reapply for an open work permit?
I would just reapply for an open work permit and explain how I am not feeling comfortable studying etc..

Reactions: Lamideepa

Lamideepa

Feb 6, 2020
I would just reapply for an open work permit and explain how I am not feeling comfortable studying etc..
I am trying to reapply from GC key but it asks for my education transcript which I don't have because it's been a month I start the class. How can this be solved? Please answer me.

Last edited:

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Ii aam trying to reapply from GC but it ask for my education transcript which I don't have because it's been a month I start the class. How can this be solved. Please answer me.
I have no idea, honestly. I am just a SP applicant, never been to Canada. I told you what I would do based on my knowledge, not considering other factors that may follow. Leaving this to the experienced. @jigzyy.

Reactions: jigzyy

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I was on an open work permit before, I recently applied for study permit and I start my study but due to a load of my study I feel depressed and want to cancel the study permit and go back to open work permit again. What can I do in such a situation? Just cancel the recent visa or should have to reapply for an open work permit? I came in Canada with spousal dependent visa. Is there any suggestion in such case?
I am trying to reapply from GC key but it asks for my education transcript which I don't have because it's been a month I start the class. How can this be solved? Please answer me.
@scylla @primaprime

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I mean, you have to qualify for an open work permit. You can't just apply for one because you want it. I assume it's asking for a transcript because it thinks you're applying for a PGWP. But again, you can only get an open work permit in certain cases. What is your spouse doing?