+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

currently on study permit.want to cancel and than come back in may

suyogya

Oct 12, 2014
hey there , i have got student visa , currently studying in canada , but i am not liking my college and course and the college in which i have to apply is having may intake or september intake , so please tell me if i cancel my visa and take refund from my college , so when i will apply for visa again in may and september , will i be getting it without any problem in my study permit , without any rejections , what should i do please guide .

thank you guys.

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
suyogya said:
hey there , i have got student visa , currently studying in canada , but i am not liking my college and course and the college in which i have to apply is having may intake or september intake , so please tell me if i cancel my visa and take refund from my college , so when i will apply for visa again in may and september , will i be getting it without any problem in my study permit , without any rejections , what should i do please guide .

thank you guys.
about taking refund from college.. each college have their own policies about making refund. most colleges dont refund fees if u want to withdraw after 1 week of commencement of the classes ( contact ur college for more details on it).. so u can pretty much say good-bye to the fees u have already paid for this semester.

about cancelling ur visa and applying for new one.. ur new application will be considered as a whole NEW application regardless if ur previous application was approved or not. meaning approval will depend on the course u applied for etc etc.

what i will suggest is to get the admission letter from the college u want to attend and simply transfer there.
also u can contact ur school to inquire about credit transfer to other institutes .

suyogya

Oct 12, 2014
hello thanx for replying , but after cancelling my visa for the current course and going back home that is india , i will again apply for student visa for may or September intake , my concern is that again after applying for student visa will it be possible for me that my visa will be approved and will not get rejected because i already cancellled my visa for once . thanx for your reply .

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
suyogya said:
hello thanx for replying , but after cancelling my visa for the current course and going back home that is india , i will again apply for student visa for may or September intake , my concern is that again after applying for student visa will it be possible for me that my visa will be approved and will not get rejected because i already cancellled my visa for once . thanx for your reply .
i have no to very little knowledge about visa chances, but still i think it shouldnt be any problem given u explain it in your SOP.
still i believe its better to contact the college of your interest and talk about your situation. may be they have option for credit transfer or college transfer. or may be they can give u exact answer about what step u should take.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

suyogya said:

thank you guys.

1. There is no rule/provision to cancel a valid SP.
2. Your chances will be slim to none, if you return home and apply again for a TRV (new SP).

Reactions: PARAM-

zarsh1

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
islamabad
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014 for new acceptance letter
IELTS Request
TOEFL SUBMITTED WITH FILE
File Transfer...
12-8-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
9-12-2014
Interview........
further medical done on 7/1/2105
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED WITH FILE
VISA ISSUED...
20/1/2015
LANDED..........
very soon inshallah
hi everyone
I have a good news for u guys
I gotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt my visa yesterday .atlast they give it to me I m sooo much happy.
thank you so much guys for helping me and motivating me in all steps of my visa processing
anyways I ve couple of questions if anybody could answer me.
last day to add courses or to drop from courses were 16 jan and I got my visa on 21 jan so I cannot attend my classes now so my questions is that can I apply for fall 2015 and go there for fall semester as my visa is valid for 3 years or I ve to re apply for visa .
and my second question is that what things should I bring on the POE.
if I thought to go now bcz already I missed my one academic year and i ve to do toefl again so can i go as i ve the acceptance letter from the uni .
i mean if i reached there i can choose some course to start my studies atleast.what u guys suggest to me
regards

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
zarsh1 said:
hi everyone
I have a good news for u guys
I gotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt my visa yesterday .atlast they give it to me I m sooo much happy.
thank you so much guys for helping me and motivating me in all steps of my visa processing
anyways I ve couple of questions if anybody could answer me.
last day to add courses or to drop from courses were 16 jan and I got my visa on 21 jan so I cannot attend my classes now so my questions is that can I apply for fall 2015 and go there for fall semester as my visa is valid for 3 years or I ve to re apply for visa .
and my second question is that what things should I bring on the POE.
if I thought to go now bcz already I missed my one academic year and i ve to do toefl again so can i go as i ve the acceptance letter from the uni .
i mean if i reached there i can choose some course to start my studies atleast.what u guys suggest to me
regards
u can simply get the deferral letter from university and present it at the POE to the immigration officer.
also go through the posts. many students have faced the same problem before..

zarsh1

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
islamabad
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-08-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
12-8-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
9-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED WITH FILE
VISA ISSUED...
20/1/2015
LANDED..........
very soon inshallah
dufferdexter said:
u can simply get the deferral letter from university and present it at the POE to the immigration officer.
also go through the posts. many students have faced the same problem before..
u mean I should get deferral letter for September intake ?
and I don't ve to apply for new visa right?
can I change my uni at this time wen I ve my visa which I applied for a specific uni.?
thanx for ur reply

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
zarsh1 said:
u mean I should get deferral letter for September intake ?
and I don't ve to apply for new visa right?
can I change my uni at this time wen I ve my visa which I applied for a specific uni.?
thanx for ur reply
yeah u dont have to apply for new visa. just get the deferral letter from university for september intake.
about changing university, u shouldn't change ur university until u have gotten ur study permit from the immigration officer at POE. because s/he will have the information about the university and program, for which u were given visa for in the first place and might refuse to give u study permit.

zarsh1

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
islamabad
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-08-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
12-8-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
9-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED WITH FILE
VISA ISSUED...
20/1/2015
LANDED..........
very soon inshallah
dufferdexter said:
yeah u dont have to apply for new visa. just get the deferral letter from university for september intake.
about changing university, u shouldn't change ur university until u have gotten ur study permit from the immigration officer at POE. because s/he will have the information about the university and program, for which u were given visa for in the first place and might refuse to give u study permit.
if immigration officer would ve all the information abt my uni and programe then they might know that I ve been given the visa for jan then they ll ask me y I m going for sep intake?
ll this make some thing complicated for me
regards

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
zarsh1 said:
if immigration officer would ve all the information abt my uni and programe then they might know that I ve been given the visa for jan then they ll ask me y I m going for sep intake?
regards
i m sure s/he has dealt with such situations million times before.. and thats why u have the deferral letter..

waleedrafiq

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
dufferdexter said:
What if we show a acceptance letter from new university at POE then they can still refuse to give study permit

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

waleedrafiq said:
What if we show a acceptance letter from new university at POE then they can still refuse to give study permit

IO at POE have all rights to deny you a SP. Having LOI or LOA doesn't not guarantee you any rights.

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
I have exactly the same situation as you and I do not know what decide I should make?!
I had decided to lan in canade on late April, I mean after registration deadline of the first university which I applied for my visa with, and show my new admission letter to the POE office, but by reading the post in this page, I do not know what i should do again??!!!also My first university wont give me differal letter since my professor couldnt have grant for me/

zarsh1 said:
regards