+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current work status when applying for express entry

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I am applying for EE under FSWP with my accompanying spouse (me as main applicant). I am currently out of work as I am planning our wedding and busy with other things whilst my partner works.
Is it a disadvantage for me to be currently out of work when applying for the perminant residency especially as my partner is technically coming as my dependant?

I have been out of work for 2 months but we will meet the requirements for funds to bring to the country and all the rest of the requirements. I'm worried by the time we go if I stay out of work for a greater length of time will I jepordise my chances of being accepted or will this come up in my interview etc?

Just trying to work out what is needed as I would go back into work if it was a requirement to be currently employed.

I left my job because I was ok to be unemployed on the run up to moving to Canada so I can focus on that and other things.

Thanks

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

I am applying for EE under FSWP with my accompanying spouse (me as main applicant). I am currently out of work as I am planning our wedding and busy with other things whilst my partner works.
Is it a disadvantage for me to be currently out of work when applying for the perminant residency especially as my partner is technically coming as my dependant?

I have been out of work for 2 months but we will meet the requirements for funds to bring to the country and all the rest of the requirements. I'm worried by the time we go if I stay out of work for a greater length of time will I jepordise my chances of being accepted or will this come up in my interview etc?

Just trying to work out what is needed as I would go back into work if it was a requirement to be currently employed.

I left my job because I was ok to be unemployed on the run up to moving to Canada so I can focus on that and other things.

Thanks
Absolutely not a problem at all to be unemployed. It's quite frequent actually.
As long as your previous work experience is within the last 10 years, and you can provide an accurate reference letter per CIC requirements for the experience for which you're claiming points, no worries.
Note that at first, no interview is required unless otherwise required by visa officer during the process.

Reactions: KatieA

iranlaw

Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys,

Thanks
hello dear KatieA
your gap in employment record wouldnt cuase you any trouble as long as you have required work experience in the past 10 years
Good luck with you application
ir

Reactions: KatieA