+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Work permit is expiring while waiting for Passport(after PPR)

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Hi,
I have sent my passport for stamping and it was reached Ottawa on 10-Nov-2014 and my ecas status changed to "Decision Made".
My current Work permit is valid till 30-Nov-2014.

If in case, If I don't receive my passport, do I still need to apply for BOWP.

Could you please help me in clarifying this.

Thank you.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
rajapr17 said:
Hi,
I have sent my passport for stamping and it was reached Ottawa on 10-Nov-2014 and my ecas status changed to "Decision Made".

Thank you.
You have current status until 30-Nov-2014 and PPR does not give you any status. However, you have enough days pending to receive your passport back. But, if you don`t receive it by that time then you can apply for the BOWP extension. If you receive your passport before your BOWP application got approved then you can withdraw that and save some money for you.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
rajapr17 said:
Hi,

Thank you.
If you dont hear anything by 28th Nov.. just send in a paper based application on 28-29th Nov and apply for BOWP extension.. so then you will have another 2-3 months till that applicaiton is processed and you can stay here on implied status until then.

If you get receieve your passport before that then just request cancellation of your bowp extension application..

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
If you dont hear anything by 28th Nov.. just send in a paper based application on 28-29th Nov and apply for BOWP extension.. so then you will have another 2-3 months till that applicaiton is processed and you can stay here on implied status until then.

If you get receieve your passport before that then just request cancellation of your bowp extension application..
Hi mesumrizvi,
Thank you for the inputs.
If I send paper application on 28th, and after that I got my passport and when I go for landing, how can I prove that I have applied(at that I will have only receipt that I have paid), do you think, is that enough.

Could you please suggest how to withdraw the paper application.

Thanks.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
canadacec123 said:
You have current status until 30-Nov-2014 and PPR does not give you any status. However, you have enough days pending to receive your passport back. But, if you don`t receive it by that time then you can apply for the BOWP extension. If you receive your passport before your BOWP application got approved then you can withdraw that and save some money for you.
Hi canadacec123,
If I apply through online on 28th, could you please suggest how long it will take to approve and after that If I receive my passport, how to withdraw the online application.

Thanks.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
rajapr17 said:
Hi mesumrizvi,
If I send paper application on 28th, and after that I got my passport and when I go for landing, how can I prove that I have applied(at that I will have only receipt that I have paid), do you think, is that enough.

Could you please suggest how to withdraw the paper application.

Thanks.
You can write a letter to CIC along with the application explaining your situation. As is i doubt they would approve the application since your PR is already approved. And by the time they process extension application you must have received your passport back.

You can make mode of payment as credit card, and once you receive your passport just call CIC and ask them to not process your application and also ask your credit card company to not procress this payment.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
You can write a letter to CIC along with the application explaining your situation. As is i doubt they would approve the application since your PR is already approved. And by the time they process extension application you must have received your passport back.

You can make mode of payment as credit card, and once you receive your passport just call CIC and ask them to not process your application and also ask your credit card company to not procress this payment.
Thank you mesumrizvi for the inputs.