+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Study Permit Situation at CHC in Islamabad?

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
Hello all,

I applied for a Study Permit to Canada to begin a PhD in Psychology from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver/Burnaby this September. I submitted my application on June 20 to the CHC in Islamabad via Gerry's FedEx -- I had hoped to submit earlier in May and beat the summer rush, but my FBI police certificate from the US reached me on June 20 so I could not have submitted it earlier.

Anyway, it's now July 22, so it's been over 4 weeks now since I submitted my application. I have not been called for medical tests yet. Does anybody know what the situation at the CHC is these days? Do they have a big backlog of Study Permit applications? Do I have any cause for concern if I haven't been called for medical tests yet? I am thinking of writing the CHC an e-mail to make a case-specific inquiry this coming Monday. Basically my sense is that it will be a bit worrisome if they have not sent me the medical test package by July 31.

My program is due to start on September 6, which is a little more than 6 weeks from now. I don't mind arriving a week or two late but as I have been given a Teaching Assistantship and a Research Assistantship it will be kind of embarrassing to arrive late (though the department shouldn't have a problem with it).

Anyhow, if anybody has any contacts inside the CHC or any leads on what is going on right now, please share. Thanks!

jezzlin

Jul 22, 2011
Hello evolvingfaith,

While the CHC has a tendency to substantially go beyond their given processing times, it is quite uncommon that they will delay a PhD student's visa application. You say it has already been 4 weeks, so you can expect your medical forms very soon now. I have not heard of the CHC in Islamabad facing a backlog of student visa applications. Agencies like the UKBA face this problem due to their 'ballpark' processing times, which are extremely inaccurate. The CHC, credit to them, have given rather accurate processing times. If the problem persists what you should do is have your university put in the word to speed it up. Otherwise, it's a waiting game.

Jezzlin

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
Thanks a lot for your reply, Jezzlin! This definitely makes me feel better. :)

I think I will ask SFU to fax the CHC in the first week of August or so, especially if the call for the medical tests hasn't come by then. I'm predicting the package should show up by next Friday, i.e. July 29.

My one concern is that I did have one visit visa refusal earlier this year in April (my own fault -- I really should not have applied for that to begin with, as almost nobody gets visit visas to Canada these days from Pakistan). In my Study Permit application, I provided the details of this refusal and explained what information had been missing from the visit visa application (admittedly not my strongest visa application), and provided a letter of support from my employer in Pakistan. I had actually gotten quite cavalier about getting a visit visa to Canada because I had gotten a six-month visit visa to Canada while studying in the US in 2007. I didn't realize that it was much harder to get one from within Pakistan!

So this might slow down my application processing a bit, if they have to check out the reasons for the visit visa refusal ... though I did give them all the information in my Study Permit application.

Other than that, I agree with you, it does seem like a waiting game. I can't think of any reason why the Study Permit application could be refused ... I thought it was a pretty solid application with all the required documents, a statement of purpose, and additional documents to indicate my ties to Pakistan.

Zahida

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Dear evolvingfaith,

I have applied for study permit on 14th June, 2011.
My semester will start by the early September.
Still no answer from the CHC....
Well, There is no use of e-mailing, as you will get only an automated reply.
Letter from the university might help....

best wishes

Ahsan raza

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for Canadian Student Visa on 2nd of June 2011 and still waiting for medical.
Should i mail CHC as my session start from 1 september.
any advice????

Regards

W

wasishah

Ahsan raza said:
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for Canadian Student Visa on 2nd of June 2011 and still waiting for medical.
Should i mail CHC as my session start from 1 september.
any advice????

Regards
Dear Buddy,

U will receive your medical in the end of july or starting of august....
the minimum time of processing is 6 weeks & max. is 2-3months

Moreover, you are bit late because ur classes also starting from 1st september 2011. You have just 36 days remanning........
E-mail to college and receive extension letter for future verification and also fax to CHC ISB.....

sunny82

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
For all guys applied in May and June,,,kindly answer jst 1 question,

Have u paid ud tuition fee before applying ur visa ?
If yes,,,,is there any guy who applied visa without paying tuition fee anf got visa ?

Kindly reply

Regards,

user7932

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
sunny82 said:
For all guys applied in May and June,,,kindly answer jst 1 question,

Have u paid ud tuition fee before applying ur visa ?
If yes,,,,is there any guy who applied visa without paying tuition fee anf got visa ?

Kindly reply

Regards,
hi man no need to pay the fee...
i dont no exactly how they review the case but as far as i am concerned i had two condition on my offer to submit transcript and degree...
by the grace of Allah i got the visa.....

user7932

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
sunny82 said:
@ user7932,jst send u a PM kindly chk it

thnks.

Have u paid ur tuition fee b4 visa ?

Regards
i am not able to send u mesages dont no why...
is it possible for u to give me ur email id so i can contact with u .....
or ur contact no ....

W

wasishah

user7932 said:
i am not able to send u mesages dont no why...
is it possible for u to give me ur email id so i can contact with u .....
or ur contact no ....
Dear Buddy,

If u pay the fees in advance by demned draft and show your photocopy of receipts it will strenghten your case.......
And arrange accomodation of hostel in advance, u will not refuses as that your families ties in Canada.........(show photocopy of filled accomodation of hostel and fee receipt)

Ahsan raza

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
@wasishah..
Fax what to CHC...
The extension letter???????

How will i get extension letter from college?
Kindly guide me?

Regards

W

wasishah

Ahsan raza said:
@ wasishah..
Fax what to CHC...
The extension letter???????

How will i get extension letter from college?
Kindly guide me?

Regards
I also received hard and soft copy of extension letter from college........

Send e-mail to college and said that my case for study permit is in processing times and waiting for medical call and interview (if applicable). Moreover, i have just 35 days remaining, please send me extension letter for strongness of my case by an e-mail and local post....

I received my extension letter just in 14 days by local post....

They will send you soft and hard copy of one month extension or more.......

If you r late to attend the college, so at the port of entry the officer bother you and will ask to show me your original acceptance letter and extension letter........

If you receive soft copy by an e-mail from college, fax to CHC ISB........
Fax # +9251 2086914

Hard copy of extension letter is use for port of entry that will help you in future, if you are late to attend the college.......