+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current residence outside Canada while applying for citizenship application

harpreet007@

Feb 11, 2024
Hello,
I am currently in India and applying for Canadian citizenship application online. I am not sure about what to answer under the question about the return date to Canada under Physical Presence tab. What should i do? Please help

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I am currently in India and applying for Canadian citizenship application online. I am not sure about what to answer under the question about the return date to Canada under Physical Presence tab. What should i do? Please help
The online application expects you to be in Canada while submitting the application. Many temporarily came back, did the submission and left. Few gave a date of return a few days before application submission, eventhough they not in Canada and did a submission. You have to write a letter of explanation explaining you did it and also have additional buffer for the extra days you got for physical presence because of dummy return date.

Not doing submission from Canada and being outside Canada for a long time can have impact on the processing time of your application. It might lead to interview with an officer and also oath could be delayed till you are back. Please make a note of that too.

Reactions: harpreet007@