+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Residence For Visitor Visa

vamsee2918

May 15, 2021
Hi,

I am applying visitors visa for my parents while they are in India at present. However, they are planing to travel to US very soon. Considering application will still be in progress, do I mention current residence as India or US. I believe once the application is uploaded, I will not be able to change the current residence. The idea is for them to be able to travel to Canada from US once it's approved. Can anyone with similar case or experience give me some insights please?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am applying visitors visa for my parents while they are in India at present. However, they are planing to travel to US very soon. Considering application will still be in progress, do I mention current residence as India or US. I believe once the application is uploaded, I will not be able to change the current residence. The idea is for them to be able to travel to Canada from US once it's approved. Can anyone with similar case or experience give me some insights please?

Thanks in advance.
Do they still qualify to travel to the US with the travel restrictions? You should send in a webform if their residency address changes.

vamsee2918

May 15, 2021
They will be traveling once travel restrictions are lifted. Considering it's taking months for visitor visa process, wanted to know now while filling the application.