+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current PR holder in high school hoping to go to school outside of Canada!!

nyang2013

Aug 2, 2013
Below is my situation (Possibly a reverse international student?):

I am a junior in high school, currently holding the PR status and have been in Canada for a little over a year (so fulfilling about 370 days of the approximately 1000 days needed before qualifying to apply for citizenship), but I am considering going to college in the States or abroad, which would conflict with my PR status but also wouldn't allow me to apply citizenship if I choose to go to college straight after I graduate in 2015.

Both my parents arrived in Canada the same time as I and both hold PR status, so they cannot apply for me as a minor earlier on to become a citizenship holder.
My question is, is there an exception made in my favor at all that allows me to attend school outside (which would mean spending most of my time outside of Canada for a while), whether it be something on my PR status or becoming citizen sooner?
The timing of this situation is very awkward, and I apologize for any unclear information, I would really like to see if the situation is possible at all.
If you don't know, could you tell me if there is a department that handles this sort of problems? Maybe a number or email for me to contact?
Please help as much as you can, thank you!!