+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO Processing Times (June 2014)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
BritEm said:
I have just reapplied for my LMO following an initial rejection.
I Submitted the application by post 10 days ago (7th July) and today received notification of receipt.
Seems like a pretty speedy one in comparison to some of the others in this thread- maybe they are getting through the backlog.

Will update when LMO decision is given.
@BritEm any results yet? Your application seemed to have been moving faster than the norm.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
talesin said:
Hi all,
Company applied on December, 25th 2013 for the LMO. And it is still not finished....

Now finally on Thursday last week, I received information from my company:

>>The company Chief Legal Counsel was able to investigate further with the immigration attorneys and they found that the application was being blocked due to a miscommunication between the Service Canada compliance and processing teams. That has now been resolved and the LMO application is now actively being processed. Service Canada would not commit to a date but expressed that they would provide a decision “very shortly” in light of their error in the processing cycle.<<

Now what could "very short" mean in this context? Days, weeks, month? Anyone an idea ?
Cheers

Hey @ talesin! Did you receive your LMO yet?

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
Hi.
Has anybody applied for LMO for a live-in caregiver this year?
Not sure about current processing times - I would like to try and apply for a live-in caregiver job while waiting for my Open Work Permit at the same time, which is possible.
Thank you for your reply in advance
Tanya

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Hi - Im applying for live in caregiver. Cant find anythign on processing time unless its PR times not the initial work permit. Anyway sent off LMO July 18 they destroyed the package on July 23rd because apparently the form shad changed the day after it was sent off. New LMO submitted August 7th

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
@ BritEm any results yet? Your application seemed to have been moving faster than the norm.
My LMO was rejected AGAIN due to my companies address being missed off the job bank posting during advertising. Its becoming super frustrating now as I am now on implied status, waiting for my WP to be rejected and hoping that I can get a positive LMIA before my permit is denied.

Just a little bit of advice which you may all know, check out the median salary for your province, if you are above this you can request expedited processing of your LMO- not guaranteed but worth a go. Also web service for our company has been twice as fast as paper applications.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
BritEm said:
My LMO was rejected AGAIN due to my companies address being missed off the job bank posting during advertising. Its becoming super frustrating now as I am now on implied status, waiting for my WP to be rejected and hoping that I can get a positive LMIA before my permit is denied.

Just a little bit of advice which you may all know, check out the median salary for your province, if you are above this you can request expedited processing of your LMO- not guaranteed but worth a go. Also web service for our company has been twice as fast as paper applications.
Yeah, unfortunately web service is down for a few months now, let's hope it opens up soon

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
BritEm said:

@BritEm, I hope it all works out. Those were great tips you posted. My 9th week ends today and I am hoping we get a decision soon. What's your province btw? Processing seems to be going quickly there.

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
Hi,

just had a question about applying for LMO for a live-in caregiver job...is it possible that employer submits the LMO application online? Could it be processed faster, or?
Thank you.

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
@ BritEm, I hope it all works out. Those were great tips you posted. My 9th week ends today and I am hoping we get a decision soon. What's your province btw? Processing seems to be going quickly there.
Thank you! I really never thought it would be this tough, I guess having a British passport made me feel invincible! Anyway, I am in Alberta (Calgary) and working in HR oil&Gas sponsored by my company. I will keep you updated with any news- I have also just put in an ap for Canadian Experience Class PR- an application number for that would allow me to apply for a bridging visa so fingers crossed something works out...... I do not want to leave this country!!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
tatyana_sh28 said:
Hi,

just had a question about applying for LMO for a live-in caregiver job...is it possible that employer submits the LMO application online? Could it be processed faster, or?
Thank you.
As I said above web service has been closed for the last few months. Right now only paper applications can be submitted

SRS - WEC

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer applied for LMIA on July 09 and got requested additional documents on Aug 07, and got file number on Aug 13.
I'm very anxious to get a positive LMIA.

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hey guys....

I got my LMIA approved.....
Here is my time line
Applied on 5 aug.
File no. 03 sep.
Approved on 12 sep...

So happie with the decision....

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
lovykaler said:
Hey guys....

I got my LMIA approved.....
Here is my time line
Applied on 5 aug.
File no. 03 sep.
Approved on 12 sep...

So happie with the decision....
Hey
Congratulations that's fantastic news for you!
Could I ask which province and NOC code you applied under?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Expedited processing?

How do I do that?

My application has already been sent and I am above the median for the province. Literally by a dollar and 24 cents or does it have to be a reasonable amount?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaybakerca said:
Expedited processing?

How do I do that?

My application has already been sent and I am above the median for the province. Literally by a dollar and 24 cents or does it have to be a reasonable amount?
These are the conditions you need to meet to take advantage of expedite processing:

Expedited Processing for Select Occupations

- Highest-Demand Occupations – Occupations classified as skilled trades;
- Highest-Paid Occupations – Occupations receiving wages in the top 10 per cent of wages earned by Canadians in a given province; and
- Shortest-Duration Occupations – Employers Seeking a foreign worker for 120 calendar days or less