+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO Processing Times (June 2014)

Yuekel

Jun 12, 2013
My file was delivered on June 26th, haven't received anything from Service Canada yet, but I called them by the time I just sent, they were saying it takes them 15 business days to input the file into their system.

Yuekel

Jun 12, 2013
BritEm said:
I have just reapplied for my LMO following an initial rejection.
I Submitted the application by post 10 days ago (7th July) and today received notification of receipt.
Seems like a pretty speedy one in comparison to some of the others in this thread- maybe they are getting through the backlog.

Will update when LMO decision is given.
Where are you located? That was fast , I am in BC

talesin

Jul 18, 2014
Hi all,
Company applied on December, 25th 2013 for the LMO. And it is still not finished....

Now finally on Thursday last week, I received information from my company:

>>The company Chief Legal Counsel was able to investigate further with the immigration attorneys and they found that the application was being blocked due to a miscommunication between the Service Canada compliance and processing teams. That has now been resolved and the LMO application is now actively being processed. Service Canada would not commit to a date but expressed that they would provide a decision “very shortly” in light of their error in the processing cycle.<<

Now what could "very short" mean in this context? Days, weeks, month? Anyone an idea ?

Cheers

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
talesin said:
Hi all,
Company applied on December, 25th 2013 for the LMO. And it is still not finished....

Now finally on Thursday last week, I received information from my company:

>>The company Chief Legal Counsel was able to investigate further with the immigration attorneys and they found that the application was being blocked due to a miscommunication between the Service Canada compliance and processing teams. That has now been resolved and the LMO application is now actively being processed. Service Canada would not commit to a date but expressed that they would provide a decision “very shortly” in light of their error in the processing cycle.<<

Now what could "very short" mean in this context? Days, weeks, month? Anyone an idea ?

Your guess is as good as ours but all things considered I think you should have in decision within two weeks. Good luck!

Cheers

Yuekel

Jun 12, 2013
Here is my story, I mailed my application on June 24th, 2014 through Canada post Express , when I tracking it, it didn't show successfully delivery , I called Canada post for several times, they were saying the item has been delivered, and the reason is since a large volume mails sending to the PO box , specially to the government PO box, the driver cannot scan each single mail , and that is why I cannot see through online tracking system saying the item has been successfully delivered. I called Service Canada today, see if my file has been in the system , but they said it didn't show anything in their system , asked me to try to call next week. Is there anyone else has the same problem like I do ? just wondering ...

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking for information about alberta processing time? Anyone asked for LMO in June? Thanks

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC: 7293
Province: AB
LMO submitted: mid february
Result: still waiting...

NOC: 7283
LMO submitted: mid april

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aika1987 said:

What???? That long????? Nooooooo :(

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Result: july 17th rejected

we do not know what is the reason, we just received this inforamtion from company (we are not now in Canada). Just want to add that the company many times successfully passed the whole LMO proces, so it is something related to new regulations.
and we still have second application

but I have bad feeling....

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aika1987 said:

we do not know what is the reason, we just received this inforamtion from company (we are not now in Canada). Just want to add that the company many times successfully passed the whole LMO proces, so it is something related to new regulations.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
aika1987 said:

Tough break aika1987 but hopefully your second LMO will be positive. The 'good' thing if we can call it that is that it seems results are coming out. I've hardly heard any results in weeks.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Unfortunately I can't find any chart online that states the average processing time for LMOs.
My question would be: Does it make any difference if the person is already employed by the company? Does it depend on the province? I live and work in Québec.

I initially started working for my company last August (Working Holiday Visa) and now they want to keep me. They told me that usually it takes less than 60 days to obtain a positive LMO plus work permit. My application was filed on June 11th 2014. So far no news. I am concerned. :(

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Sent in original LMO for live in caregiver July 23 received email saying package had been destroyed because the forms had changed two days after it was set of (good job lawyer who filed it all in!). New package sent in August 6th. filed from BC.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Marlee said:
Unfortunately I can't find any chart online that states the average processing time for LMOs.
My question would be: Does it make any difference if the person is already employed by the company? Does it depend on the province? I live and work in Québec.

I initially started working for my company last August (Working Holiday Visa) and now they want to keep me. They told me that usually it takes less than 60 days to obtain a positive LMO plus work permit. My application was filed on June 11th 2014. So far no news. I am concerned. :(

Well you're still under 60 days. It probably wont be long now.