+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO Processing Times (June 2014)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lmo said:
paper application process
Online is much quicker but then again, it's up to your employer which method of application they decide to use.

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
Online is much quicker but then again, it's up to your employer which method of application they decide to use.
Do you know how much quicker?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duarca said:
Do you know how much quicker?
Back when they introduced the online application, they stated that the purpose was to shorten LMO wait times.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
karissaanne said:
I believe it took about a month in total for my employer to receive approval for the web service and receive login info in the mail.
Thanks, although I'm getting more worried now that almost 3 months have passed...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Thanks, although I'm getting more worried now that almost 3 months have passed...
Actually, 3 months is standard LMO processing time. That post that you were replying to gives the amount of time it takes for approval to use the web service, not approval to hire a foreign worker. Processing times for LMOs are between 12 and 16 weeks. That's what they were 2 months ago, and I'm sure that they have gone down since the moratorium on the food service sector.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
stopDA said:
Actually, 3 months is standard LMO processing time. That post that you were replying to gives the amount of time it takes for approval to use the web service, not approval to hire a foreign worker. Processing times for LMOs are between 12 and 16 weeks. That's what they were 2 months ago, and I'm sure that they have gone down since the moratorium on the food service sector.
Actually StopDA, that's what we have been waiting for, ie approval to use the web service. The employer hasn't received any login info yet and it's been almost 3 months...

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
BritEm said:
Hey-
Not sure whether anyone can help me....
I am a skilled worker with a British Passport (recruitment manager, oil and gas) and currently work in Calgary on a 2 year, employer sponsored LMO. My LMO expires on the 1st August 2014. We applied for a renewal which was rejected as we had over 100 applicants during the advertising process, they did not believe that there were no Canadian nationals who could do my job. My employer followed all of the rules and interviewed a dozen people who had relevant resumes, however none fit the critera and we highlighted the reasons why in the application. They then also rejected the appeal.

We have just started advertising for a fresh LMO but I am really sceptical about the probability of this coming back as positive when my renewal was rejected. Has anyone had this situation before and has anyone had a positive result?

I also have an application in for AINP but it is highly unlikely that I will get this before my LMO expires. I desperately do not want to leave my job/Canada. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Have you thought about applying under CEC?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Actually StopDA, that's what we have been waiting for, ie approval to use the web service. The employer hasn't received any login info yet and it's been almost 3 months...
Wow, then something must be wrong if that other person got it in a month while you didn't get it at all. I don't know very much about the application process since it's my employer who applies for the LMOs via fax. Maybe they'll allow you to use the web service when they have to request more information. Your employer should probably call Service Canada to see what's the deal with all this. I have no idea, but this online application process is beginning to sound a lot like Intellilink. Maybe your employer should upgrade to Intellilink's Centurion package, lol.

Funny

May 17, 2014
Applied in the last week of September 2013. Till now no result...... Waiting for more than 35 weeks!!!!

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Funny said:
Applied in the last week of September 2013. Till now no result...... Waiting for more than 35 weeks!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG!!!. How much time do they want to process?
Too much!!

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Funny said:
Did your employer contact Service Canada?
If yes, what did they say?

Funny

May 17, 2014
Intocanada said:
Did your employer contact Service Canada?
If yes, what did they say?
As per my employer, LMO result should come very soon, may be in next couple of weeks.... But waiting for so long is extremely frustrating!!! My employer has told me that HRSDC Canada is processing cases very slowly. That's why the delay.

Ganaa MGL

Jun 4, 2014
Hi guys. My LMO application was submitted on April 17 in Alberta. I was told that it would take approximately 8 weeks (4-week mandatory advertisement and 4-week processing). So if it is true, i hope i will hear something this week. it will be the 8th week this Thursday.

janpot

Jun 5, 2014
good evening po.

may I know po kung ano ang current na processing time ng LMO under live-in caregiver program ditto sa Alberta?from submission po to a decision?via poat mail at hindi online?

thank you po.