+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Thomas1987 said:
Angeland,

That is correct according to the old rule, however bcoz of the crackdown in the TFW program am sure 2013 many companies did not apply for LMO's and even if they did, most of the application after April 2013 are pending, hence the i do not think they can keep that 2 year rule if they resurrect the ALMO atleast till the next year, bcoz most of the companies will not be eligible ALMO.

Having a negative LMO for the company, will have a impact on your current LMO application, hence make sure everything is in place.

Overall the Government is feeling the heat bcoz of companies moving their business out of Canada.

Thanks,
Thomas
Thanks for the info! But my current work permit expires end of April (under IEC program), I dare not hold the horse, or I will miss the boat!

I am already working in the company for 10 months, that's why my employer wants to keep me. Does it make a difference when they consider my LMO? (for the previous unsuccessful application, the prospective employee has not yet started working, she came as a visitor and went back to her home country to wait).

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
angeland said:
Thanks for the info! But my current work permit expires end of April (under IEC program), I dare not hold the horse, or I will miss the boat!

I am already working in the company for 10 months, that's why my employer wants to keep me. Does it make a difference when they consider my LMO? (for the previous unsuccessful application, the prospective employee has not yet started working, she came as a visitor and went back to her home country to wait).
Angeland,

I was not aware of that, since you are already employed, you should sail in easily, The country am in, does not have a IEC program so i gotta wait :(.

Thanks,
Thomas

onekeiz

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
Med's Request
25-09-2014
Med's Done....
09-10-2014
Passport Req..
29-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-14
LANDED..........
thanks God. Living at toronto , ontario
Ronaldonyx said:
Advertising takes 3 weeks. My brother-in-law recently applied for LMO and received it yesterday; it took only approximately 8 weeks.
hi brother my employer is in Vancouver.. how many weeks for LMO approval? in BC thanks

Cuteejhaimee

Feb 13, 2014
Hello EveryOne,

So far i have been visiting this site, but since then i observed LMO is too quite long to get,
I have been waiting for 5months now. :( :( :(

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two colleagues of mine had their LMO rejected yesterday (after 7 months) due to "too few years of experience". They applied for IT Job in Toronto, ON in July/2013.

I can't imagine how worrying this is... after so long, to get rejected. :'(

tnash

Feb 11, 2014
tiagodj said:
Two colleagues of mine had their LMO rejected yesterday (after 7 months) due to "too few years of experience". They applied for IT Job in Toronto, ON in July/2013.

A real worry :( , specially applicant like me. My LMO is also filed for IT job in Toronto in last week of Aug 2013. Can you please tell how many year of work-ex, your friends had.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tnash said:
A real worry :( , specially applicant like me. My LMO is also filed for IT job in Toronto in last week of Aug 2013. Can you please tell how many year of work-ex, your friends had.
One was graduated in computer science and had 3 years as a full time employee and the other over 8 years, but this one graduated in electric engineering.

tnash

Feb 11, 2014
thanks tiagodj for the quick info.... Feeling sad for your friends rejection.... If 8 years is "too few years of experience" then don't know what is sufficient......

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:

OMG, 7 months for crying out loud. This is an all-time low. 7 months is too long to be waiting in the first place. Now, to add insult to injury, they don't even get a positive LMO in the end. Seriously, this is garbage.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:

Hold on, how does service canada know how much experience your friend has. I just looked at an LMO application form and the only information on the foreign worker that's required is the person's name, date of birth, citizenship, etc. I don't see anything about Service Canada asking for a resume for each worker. I always thought that was something for CIC to handle.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angeland said:
Thank you for the info!

16 weeks is good compared to all others in this thread. I guess you are located in the northern/north-western part of BC?

I am in the lower mainland, since there are a lot of applications in the IT field and live-in caregivers, I suppose there is a backlog.
Just not sure if they put everything in one line, or they will treat them separately according to industry and job nature.
Yes, my job is indeed in northern BC and I've been waiting for more than 16 weeks now. According to Service Canada, it only takes longer than 16 weeks if there's a backlog or if there's something skeevy about your employer that warrants further investigation. My employer can't be skeevy because he had no problem getting an LMO a few months ago. He got that LMO relatively quickly too as it only took a maximum of 13 weeks. So yeah, it's the accursed backlog. I still didn't get to call my employer yesterday so I'll do it today. I'm going to ask them the exact day when they applied and if possible, the date that Service Canada quoted them (which I doubt Service Canada did).

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
stopDA said:
Hold on, how does service canada know how much experience your friend has. I just looked at an LMO application form and the only information on the foreign worker that's required is the person's name, date of birth, citizenship, etc. I don't see anything about Service Canada asking for a resume for each worker. I always thought that was something for CIC to handle.
Same question here.
As far as I know, LMO application doesn't ask for any work/education background of the prospective employee. It's the application for Work Permit (after positive LMO) that requires the applicant to show the proof of meeting the requirements of the job being offered.

My employer didn't ask for any further details, they only have my resume when I came for interview 10 months ago.

Feb 13, 2014
Reading everyone's posts here for the past few weeks, it seems my 14 weeks is not yet long enough for my prospective employer to get an answer on their LMO Application . This was submitted on 11 November 2013 in Ontario for a very senior role in professional services , in which international experience can only by an asset.
The Job is to be based in Toronto.

I thought I'd share my experience as it is clear from everyone's posts that I have read, no matter what role, industry, level or province involved, it is a long waiting process!!

All the best to All of You!

labse2004

Nov 6, 2013
TO: STOPDA

Is it true for live in caregiver waiting LMO til 6mos already is no more chance to give a positive LMO applying in Toronto Canada? Thanks.Have a nice day..:) pls reply..:)

minusham

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/06/2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2015 (Upfront).Ecas status updated to medical received June 30 2015
Passport Req..
14th July 2015, Decision made ecas update on 16th July
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015
stopDA said:
Hi
The details about ur work experience can be provided in the lmo cover letter. I provided the letter wit my application. Its important as far as i thnk becoz it will prove that ur the best fit for the position