Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minusham said:
hi
I applied in Ontario ..processing time is around 10 weeks ,applied nov 1st week ..and my job is in IT

thanks
Wow, a lot of us lodged applications in late September/early October and are still waiting. It seems like Ontario is the place to look for jobs. Unfortunately, Ontario doesn't have a provincial nomination program for my NOC.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minusham said:
I applied in Ontario ..processing time is around 10 weeks ,applied nov 1st week ..and my job is in IT
10 weeks? This was too fast. It looks like your employer already had an Open LMO and just requested to add your name to it. Isn't that the case? Thus, the fast processing.

sonic_man

Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I'm sick of waitting it is 18 weeks now
God please help

Ronaldonyx

Sep 28, 2010
stopDA said:
Does anyone know how long LMOs are taking right now? I've been waiting between 13 and 16 weeks for mine. I definitely knew that they had already applied by 13 weeks ago, but 16 weeks ago was when they told me that they were re-applying. How much longer should I expect to wait? My job is in fast food.
It actually depends on the completeness of your employer's compliance. If your employer submitted all requirements, it shouldn't take very long. Also, with the kind of job you would get into, it would need a good review just to make sure there aren't any one available to fill in the position within the area of your employment. I processed my sister's LMO as live-in caregiver and I got it in 5 weeks.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ronaldonyx said:
It actually depends on the completeness of your employer's compliance. If your employer submitted all requirements, it shouldn't take very long. Also, with the kind of job you would get into, it would need a good review just to make sure there aren't any one available to fill in the position within the area of your employment. I processed my sister's LMO as live-in caregiver and I got it in 5 weeks.
5 weeks? You're so lucky. Meanwhile, I've been waiting for far too long. Based on what I know, my employer is quite compliant. The job has been advertised on so many different sites including the national Job Bank site along with other secondary media. I've counted at least 4 methods of advertisement. Not only that but the place is also severely understaffed if you look at the number of employees working there. Not only that, but the job is in an area where there are tons of alternative high-paying blue collar jobs that pay way more than a restaurant would. So why would it take Service Canada so long to figure out that there isn't anyone available or willing to do the job.

bananers

Jan 25, 2014
iammikeywithy said:
In your mcdonalds BC is it direct hire?after 4months of waiting it sad to say that my lmo has not been process coz my employer's secretary forgot my application to her desk ..so im waiting for nothing but my employer told me that he will be having an open lmo this monh but for Alberta and he will put my name there..I have new employer who is willing to give me a lmo in mcdonalds in BC..which mcdonalds is that?
hi!are you in alberta right now?mcdonalds issues lmo? my husband is looking for a job that issues one..he is in calgary right now..

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Some Good news on TFW's

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-revise-foreign-worker-rules-as-employers-complain-of-delays/article16510288/

Thanks

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Week 25 and really frustrated! Need an answer so our lives aren't spent waiting !

We've been told by 1st of feb but I'm sure that's just the imm lawyer telling the employer that, they can't control when really.
So much for the 12 week max we thought back in august. The reported standard processing time is a joke. ;D
Tomorrow makes the 2 week mark since you posted that. Did you get your LMO yet? If you haven't, then something is seriously screwed up with Service Canada's efficiency.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxxam said:
I know that feeling, week 15 you start to get annoyed.
Now at week 21, I start to just wanna throw the towel :D
Been travelling for 21weeks as well, so this decision wasn't the best for my wallet :eek:
Any luck so far?

Mark-one

Jan 23, 2014
I am on 12 weeks mark and waiting is killing I applied in SK for construction.
And don,t know if I should count the weeks from Chritmas and new year. any toghts?

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A colleague of mine received a positive LMO last Friday.

Submit date: July 10th, 2013
Received date: January 24th, 2014
NOC: 2173

It took 28 weeks.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
stopDA said:
Tomorrow makes the 2 week mark since you posted that. Did you get your LMO yet? If you haven't, then something is seriously screwed up with Service Canada's efficiency.
Sent a message to them today to follow up. Not sure exactly on official lodged date (End of July/early august I assumed) so my 25 weeks could be out but it's still a very long time!
I think they might be even getting nervous it's taking this long and we might have to reconsider our options.

Just so tired of the waiting..... Hopefully after tiagodj post that they might be getting close to finishing applications lodged that long ago

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:
A colleague of mine received a positive LMO last Friday.

Submit date: July 10th, 2013
Received date: January 24th, 2014
NOC: 2173

It took 28 weeks.
So, all the IT applications seem to be taking forever. This better not be the same with fast food. I'm into the 16th week already for a lot of fast food places. Actually, a lot of fast food places that either got rejected or didn't put my name on their LMOs, who applied in July got theirs in about 10 - 14 weeks. I'm waiting on a second batch of LMOs that was applied for in late September/ early October and a few more that were lodged more recently in November and January.

The only surefire job where I'm 100% guaranteed an LMO position just re-applied 2 weeks ago, so I hope that these new rules and whatnot aren't prolonging processing times. This said job actually got a rejection after only 8 weeks of waiting though.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Sent a message to them today to follow up. Not sure exactly on official lodged date (End of July/early august I assumed) so my 25 weeks could be out but it's still a very long time!
I think they might be even getting nervous it's taking this long and we might have to reconsider our options.

Just so tired of the waiting..... Hopefully after tiagodj post that they might be getting close to finishing applications lodged that long ago
Well, I'm not exactly sure of the official lodging date either. I usually start counting from the day when they told me that it was already submitted. I also look for their job advertisements and count the weeks from the job posting date, subtracting 5 weeks for advertising and applying.

xinsikuangchao

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Software Engineer, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2014, Submitted on 7-04-2014
Med's Request
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014, submitted on 30/04/14
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Got my LMO yesterday.

Submitted on July 10 in ON, software engineer.