+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
stopDA said:
OK, you're definitely going to have it within the next 2 weeks. Even live-in caregivers don't have to wait that long. What's your NOC code and which province is your job in? I sure hope that it isn't BC.
Hi there, it's NOC 7283 lodged in Calgary so fingers crossed it's soon!

mamunbd

Jan 17, 2014
i got e-mail regarding my lmo.they inform me that it may take approximately 3 to 4 months.its already two months over.waiting eagerly to get it the next 2 months.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Hi there, it's NOC 7283 lodged in Calgary so fingers crossed it's soon!
Wow, I thought that the Alberta LMOs were only taking 12 - 16 weeks. Yours must be an outlier for some reason or the other. Have your employer call Service Canada to find out what the heck is going on.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
stopDA said:
Wow, I thought that the Alberta LMOs were only taking 12 - 16 weeks. Yours must be an outlier for some reason or the other. Have your employer call Service Canada to find out what the heck is going on.
They're chasing it up almost every 2-3 days for us. I had wondered if they had the application come back with extra stuff to do like extra advertising etc which may have started the whole timeline again.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
They're chasing it up almost every 2-3 days for us. I had wondered if they had the application come back with extra stuff to do like extra advertising etc which may have started the whole timeline again.
Now that you mentioned this, I remember that my employer told me that the reason why he never checked up on Service Canada was because he heard that following up just causes them to push back your application and make it take longer. I'm not sure if it's true but after hearing your case, it now seems a bit more credible (but still not adequately believable).

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
stopDA said:
Now that you mentioned this, I remember that my employer told me that the reason why he never checked up on Service Canada was because he heard that following up just causes them to push back your application and make it take longer. I'm not sure if it's true but after hearing your case, it now seems a bit more credible (but still not adequately believable).
Yes who knows! I'm not sure if they are just chasing the lawyer they are using or service canada directly. They do know we are reaching the end of of our tolerance. Have to draw a line in the sand soon and move on with our lives here, we can't keep waiting on a maybe forever.

We've been holding off on setting my husband up in business here because of it but need to make a decision soon.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Yes who knows! I'm not sure if they are just chasing the lawyer they are using or service canada directly. They do know we are reaching the end of of our tolerance. Have to draw a line in the sand soon and move on with our lives here, we can't keep waiting on a maybe forever.

We've been holding off on setting my husband up in business here because of it but need to make a decision soon.
If you've been waiting for 25 weeks, you should definitely have that LMO before the end of this month. Nobody has ever had to wait more than 6 months. Maybe your employer got rejected and didn't tell you, but is still stringing you along until they get accepted via re-applying. So far, I've come across two employers who did that to me (someone else on their staff spilled the beans to me). Obviously, they still haven't gotten their LMOs yet. One of them actually admitted to it.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, has anyone gotten any recent LMOs from BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba or the Yukon? As far as I understand, all those provinces use the Service Canada office in Vancouver. After re-searching this forum, the most recent I could find was someone who waited 17 weeks to get an LMO for Vancouver, but that was over a month ago. I really hope that one is an outlier and doesn't reflect the true average waiting time. It would help if I had more samples, so please post how long you've waited if you got an LMO recently.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm into the 21st week, for Vancouver, Noc 2173. No news so far. :'(

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:
I'm into the 21st week, for Vancouver, Noc 2173. No news so far. :'(
21 weeks eh? That better not be true in general. That's even worse than the 17 weeks case that I saw a month ago. For your NOC code, I think that Service Canada is still a bit miffed about the whole IT scandal from a year ago. Maybe that's why it's taking so long. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for a job with NOC 6641.

minusham

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/06/2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2015 (Upfront).Ecas status updated to medical received June 30 2015
Passport Req..
14th July 2015, Decision made ecas update on 16th July
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015
got my lmo today.. :D

Maxxam

Nov 8, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
minusham said:
got my lmo today.. :D
Congrats, can we get some more info, i.e. what NOC what province and when was it filed? :)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arrow101 said:
When and where your LMO was filed. I am waiting since June 13. NOC 2171 in Toronto :(
Dude, that's too long. This probably means that your employer got rejected and reapplied without telling you. Even if you count the 4 weeks advertisement requirement, this is still too much time to wait on a single LMO. If you're using one of those shady recruitment agencies, then you better try getting your money back.

minusham

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/06/2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2015 (Upfront).Ecas status updated to medical received June 30 2015
Passport Req..
14th July 2015, Decision made ecas update on 16th July
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015
hi
I applied in Ontario ..processing time is around 10 weeks ,applied nov 1st week ..and my job is in IT

thanks