+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Congrats Ralukino, much better result than ours for a tiler in Alberta. I think we have fallen in a black hole been waiting since Sept. Almost given up hope now.

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
If anyone know that negative lmo's are quicker than positive lmo's or it does not matter.
Thank you

ramrey5264

Jun 6, 2013
If a LMO application is rejected and the employer reapply, how long takes to have an answer from service Canada?.I mean he have to wait for another 12 0r 16 weeks?. I appreciated if any body can tell me something about it.

ndee6

Mar 23, 2014
Y16v said:
If anyone know that negative lmo's are quicker than positive lmo's or it does not matter.
Thank you
Y16v: To my knowledge you will not be informed of a negative outcome any quicker than a positive outcome. From my experience if you have been waiting beyond twenty weeks there is a fairly high chance your application has not been successful. Again this is only my opinion though.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have now officially been waiting exactly 11 weeks today and there's still nothing. I really hope that I don't have to wait as long as Y16v.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
F @ ck I am still waiting........I was counting weeks and I am on 17 week!!!
Your job is in Regina right. Well, my job is in Saskatchewan too and I don't want to have to wait upwards of 17 weeks. I didn't even want to wait more than 7 weeks but this ship has already sailed 4 weeks ago. As soon as I got back online today, I came across a news article from a week ago that says that LMOs in Saskatchewan are taking between 10 - 12 weeks:

http://www.prairiepost.com/news/swift-current/item/5778-businesses-learn-more-about-foreign-workers-immigration-process.html

Well, 11 weeks is smack-dab right in the middle of 10 and 12 weeks, and I still have nothing. You've been waiting way longer than this, so I'd say that none of these so-called professional agencies or whatnot can give good estimates of processing times. Sadly, this forum is probably the best way to determine true processing times because they're based on actual people's experiences.

Patrice_e

Oct 16, 2010
After working on an LMO application for the past month -- getting all documentation filled out, tracking down the right people and facts, obtaining the WSIB cert, etc. -- I found out today that the job offer must be a minimum of 30 hours/week. The college that was offering me the job employs 90% part-time employees, and mine was very part-time.

The woman who told me the 30 hour/week minimum rule said that this information used to be on the website....

So, when my post-graduate work permit expires, I will have to go back to getting a visitor's permit until my PR comes through... unless anyone has any other terrific ideas?

:(

Dan_TB

Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon...
LANDED..........
coming soon...
NOC: 7271
Province:Ontario
Start date: January 31, 2014 (by fax- 40 pages)
Follow up date(s):n/a
End date: March 27,2014
Result: Negative

LMO application come out negative after waiting for about 8 weeks. The employer told me that Service Canada wasn't satisfied with advertising and recruitment efforts. Everything else was ok. They will reapply after 4 weeks additional advertising.

Dan_TB

Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon...
LANDED..........
coming soon...
Y16v said:
It is too bad I hope next time to be lucky...... :'( :'(

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.”

I'll be back with updates... hope soon and with some good news.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dan_TB said:
NOC: 7271
Province:Ontario
Start date: January 31, 2014 (by fax- 40 pages)
Follow up date(s):n/a
End date: March 27,2014
Result: Negative

LMO application come out negative after waiting for about 8 weeks. The employer told me that Service Canada wasn't satisfied with advertising and recruitment efforts. Everything else was ok. They will reapply after 4 weeks additional advertising.
Having to wait 12 additional weeks is going to suck really hard. Let's hope that the processing time doesn't increase between now and then.

Also, I'd seriously like to know why LMO decisions in Ontario are suddenly being churned out more quickly than everywhere else. I've been waiting for 11 weeks already for Saskatchewan and still don't have it. But I've noticed that Ontario has been a bit speedy in more recent times.

SSPT

Star Member
Mar 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Passport Sent :April 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Passport received by CPC-O : April 8th 2015
AOR Received.
Return Tracker activate : April 15th 2015
Med's Request
December 3rd 2014
Med's Done....
December 10th 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-13-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello All,
My employer applied for my LMO application on February 6,2014. And they asked to update the Overtime wages on the application form on March 24,2014. got the positive response on March 28th.
Good luck everyone

Yourname

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
If any of you kind people would be able to help - my father is in India and has experience in computers (not software), electronics and stock and is willing to work even in the mining and resources industry out west in Canada.

Can somebody please message me any alternatives? He was born on 2/2/1956.