+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

current employer's said

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hi,
My current employer told me that LMO processing time will takes 3 days only that's why she doesn't want me to look for new employer yet since I'll be leaving them on May. But base on discussion here, it takes long time. Since, they are kind and good employer i listened to them but I don't want to waste time even a single hour because I'm under LIVE-IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM. Please need some clarification.... Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lhay said:
Hi,
My current employer told me that LMO processing time will takes 3 days only that's why she doesn't want me to look for new employer yet since I'll be leaving them on May. But base on discussion here, it takes long time. Since, they are kind and good employer i listened to them but I don't want to waste time even a single hour because I'm under LIVE-IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM. Please need some clarification.... Thanks in advance.
Since the employer has to advertise the position on the job bank for 2 weeks, how could it be processed in 3 days?

PMM

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Thanks PMM..... what month do you think i can start looking for new employer? thank you so much!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lhay said:
Thanks PMM..... what month do you think i can start looking for new employer? thank you so much!
Hi Lhay,

What line of work are you considering looking at? Are you now on open work permit? It would probably nice to start looking for an employer now. Five months to go yet but considering delays in communications better early than worry later. As PMM said, the employer has to show advertising proofs, summarize the result of the recruitment effort and then submit the LMO application in your favor in case no one was more qualified than you are.

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hi job_seeker,
Thanks for untiring response..... I'm still under live-in caregiver. I'll tell that to my employer as respect to them. Have a nice day!