+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Employer Not giving Reference Letter

garima994

Sep 11, 2019
I am in a similar situation & can't get the letter from the previous employer or from a colleague. Please suggest.

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi need to ask s question.

If a person has 1 year of experience and in that one year the person worked with two different employers like 6 months for one and 6 months from other buy there is continuity of work and salary.

Would it be considered as 1 year of experience or a minimum one year of experience has to be from one employer only ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes. My wife’s employer was not ready to give this letter and hence we got the job duties written on plain paper, signed by colleague with his official email id, contact number and employee code. Verification did happen at her office (we got to know someone contacted at reception and security guard after few days) and our application got successfully processed. Don’t forget to give appointment letter, salary slips etc together with this reference letter
Instead of calling your colleague,IRCC verified by calling the company itself ,right ?

Did they ask about the colleague who signed or about your wife only ?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi need to ask s question.

If a person has 1 year of experience and in that one year the person worked with two different employers like 6 months for one and 6 months from other buy there is continuity of work and salary.

Would it be considered as 1 year of experience or a minimum one year of experience has to be from one employer only ?
total 1 year skilled work exp is needed

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Instead of calling your colleague,IRCC verified by calling the company itself ,right ?

Did they ask about the colleague who signed or about your wife only ?
no details about colleague were asked for

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
total 1 year skilled work exp is needed
Ok thanks even if that 1 year consists of work from different employers .

Another questions:

1 is it Required to state on work experience letter that it is for Canada Immigration?

2 How Canada govt ask for confirmation from employer ? Email or phone ?
Do state that enquiry is for Canada Immigration?

Actually I don’t wish to inform my employer about Canada PR .
Is it necessary to inform employer?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Ok thanks even if that 1 year consists of work from different employers .

Another questions:

1 is it Required to state on work experience letter that it is for Canada Immigration?

2 How Canada govt ask for confirmation from employer ? Email or phone ?
Do state that enquiry is for Canada Immigration?

Actually I don’t wish to inform my employer about Canada PR .
Is it necessary to inform employer?
1. No
2. No standard way of knowing this.
Don't inform employer. Not needed

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Ok thanks .
1. No
2. No standard way of knowing this.
Don't inform employer. Not needed
Also , bank statements are also required for proving work experience as far as I know , so generally employer deduct salary if a person has taken leaves more than standard . So in that case do immigration authorities check for that or they only see that there is regular credit of salary irrespective of different salary amounts in certain months due to leaves

Sararaja9

Jun 8, 2020
no refusal email was given by HR. They said they cant provide such specific details on letter. So I wrote the same in LOE
How to approach HR for a letter. If we say for immigration we may need to face a consequence in our current job?

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
Baw wow
How to approach HR for a letter. If we say for immigration we may need to face a consequence in our current job?
A lot of people outright told HR that it is for immigration purpose. Why it wouldn't work for you? If you have no one at work that will give you a reference letter with duties then you have to just have to push for it with HR. Write them emails for evidence also incase it didn't work it.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi,
Do You know of any examples where reference letter from a collegaue has worked without it being notarised?
happened with my wife, she couldn't get one and then her colleague gave her the letter and it got accepted