+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Employer Not giving Reference Letter

raul0706

Jan 8, 2018
Hi All,
I qualify for all the pre-requisites for the Canadian PR Express Entry.
I have got a valid IELTS score.
Have received the Transcripts for all my Educational Qualification.
I do not come under the Canadian Education/ Canadian Work-ex category
For my category it is required to have 3 or more Years of Work-ex in the relevant NOC in the non-Canadian Work-ex
I am an Indian Citizen
I have a total of 8.5 yrs of Work ex.
I have received the Reference Letter(Quoting Job Responsibilities) from 2 of my past employers that constitute 5.2 Yrs of Work ex
However, to receive the same from my Current employer ( where I am employed from past 9 Months) is a daunting task. It raises a lot of eyebrows. - (Just mention that I have every other document from the company including the Job Offer Letter/ Salary Slips/ Service certificate drawn from the company only month on account of a loan processing.)

1. Can I apply for the Express Entry without furnishing the Present employment?
2. Can I apply for the Express Entry furnishing the Present employment however with no reference letter?
3. One more thing, What is the general format of a Reference letter? Does it need to be addressed to the Canadian Consulate or mention that it has been issued for the purpose of PR processing?-Just need to check if I have got the document in proper format

Thanks in adv

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Format for reference letter is this -
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. ABC S/O Mr XYZ was employed with us as a XXXX from this date to this date .

Mr. ABC performed the following key duties as a xxx
-
-
-
-

Total annual salary: INR ……../- (ln Words: INR ………. Only)
Number of hours worked per week: 40 hours
Nature of employment: Full time

Regards ,
XXX

Reactions: sdqs_23

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hi All,
For my category it is required to have 3 or more Years of Work-ex in the relevant NOC in the non-Canadian Work-ex
I am an Indian Citizen
I have received the Reference Letter(Quoting Job Responsibilities) from 2 of my past employers that constitute 5.2 Yrs of Work ex
However, to receive the same from my Current employer ( where I am employed from past 9 Months) is a daunting task. It raises a lot of eyebrows. - (Just mention that I have every other document from the company including the Job Offer Letter/ Salary Slips/ Service certificate drawn from the company only month on account of a loan processing.)

2. Can I apply for the Express Entry furnishing the Present employment however with no reference letter?
3. One more thing, What is the general format of a Reference letter? Does it need to be addressed to the Canadian Consulate or mention that it has been issued for the purpose of PR processing?-Just need to check if I have got the document in proper format

Thanks in adv
Instead of official letter from your current organization, you can get the letter from any of your colleague on a stamp paper and with notary done on it, it will serve your purpose

Kiran 91

Jan 16, 2019
Hi All,
I am an Indian Citizen

Thanks in adv
Hi
I m in the same boat.i have 6 year experience in one company but the current one with 8 month of work experience . I m doubtful to get reference letter from current employee.what u did in ur case.plzz help. Urget

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Instead of official letter from your current organization, you can get the letter from any of your colleague on a stamp paper and with notary done on it, it will serve your purpose
Doesnt need to be notarized. Your supervisor or colleague can give you a letter and attach a visiting card with his company email id. That is enough.

Have done it for my profile as well as a few friends.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
notarised letter not required. plain paper would suffice

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Did you receive your PR using that method? I'm in the same boat of not getting the reference letter on the letterhead
Yes. My wife’s employer was not ready to give this letter and hence we got the job duties written on plain paper, signed by colleague with his official email id, contact number and employee code. Verification did happen at her office (we got to know someone contacted at reception and security guard after few days) and our application got successfully processed. Don’t forget to give appointment letter, salary slips etc together with this reference letter

Reactions: Uvr and buzzsubash

Abhi0505

Feb 3, 2019
Yes. My wife’s employer was not ready to give this letter and hence we got the job duties written on plain paper, signed by colleague with his official email id, contact number and employee code. Verification did happen at her office (we got to know someone contacted at reception and security guard after few days) and our application got successfully processed. Don’t forget to give appointment letter, salary slips etc together with this reference letter
Sure, Thanks. Did you submit a letter of explanation mentioning that HR refused to give the duties on the letterhead. Did you also attach the HR refusal email?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
no refusal email was given by HR. They said they cant provide such specific details on letter. So I wrote the same in LOE

Reactions: Uvr and buzzsubash

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
My x employer too is not giving me a reference letter.

Apart from that all my colleagues who i could take a letter from have now left the organisation, what can be done in this case.