+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not getting Work reference letter

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon @vensak and other senior members pls advise -
My company is refusing to issue work reference letter for immigration purposes to active employees . My boss is also not authorized to sign on any such letter . He is willing to confirm the details on call if the visa officer calls to verify .
All I can give is offer letter , promotion letter , payslips and ITR . Will it suffice ? I don't want my application to get delayed/rejected because of any verifications . Pls let me know if there will be any problem ?

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Joining date is mentioned on the payslip and annual salary is mentioned in the ITR . Designation is on the offer letter . Only problem is Job Responsibilities. So I wrote a letter myself mentioning the job responsibilities and signed it . In the last line , I have written , if you want to verify pls get in touch with my manager (Name , email & contact no. mentioned ) . Is it enough ?

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

Is it mandatory that the letter confirming job responsibilities be from the HR or reporting manager?
Both of these people will not be able to give me the letter. However, my colleagues are will to share the same via their official mail ID. Will this work?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can also use other proofs. The only reason for that letter is to prove:
1. How long did you work there.
2. How many hours per week
3. That you were paid
4. What were your job duties.

So if you can get other documents proving it then you are good to go (for example, work nomination letter; work contract; payslips; letter from your colleague confirming that you work there; internal description of your duties).

Alternatively you can ask just to confirm part of it (eg. your job duties) and use some of the above stated documents to prove the rest.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Is it mandatory that the letter confirming job responsibilities be from the HR or reporting manager?
Both of these people will not be able to give me the letter. However, my colleagues are will to share the same via their official mail ID. Will this work?
Hi,

Well, in essence it is. However, if they have refused, a letter from a colleague may work if it is supported by the documents mentioned by @vensak . It however remains the officer's discretion to accept it or not. So make this a last resort and give a good explanation.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Joining date is mentioned on the payslip and annual salary is mentioned in the ITR . Designation is on the offer letter . Only problem is Job Responsibilities. So I wrote a letter myself mentioning the job responsibilities and signed it . In the last line , I have written , if you want to verify pls get in touch with my manager (Name , email & contact no. mentioned ) . Is it enough ?
This is not a good idea. Self attested letters are usually not acceptable. You are better of asking a colleague to write it and then get it notarised to add legal validity. This letter + the other documents puts you in a much better position.

All the best

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Provide max details to prove that you really worked.

What i did:

Got a letter signed from my supervisor (details included: joining date, R&R, last pay, hours of work, supervisor designation)
Attached his visiting card.
Attached the rejection letter from the HR.
Attached last 3 months payslip.
Attached the joining letter.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon @vensak and other senior members pls advise -
My company is refusing to issue work reference letter for immigration purposes to active employees . My boss is also not authorized to sign on any such letter . He is willing to confirm the details on call if the visa officer calls to verify .
All I can give is offer letter , promotion letter , payslips and ITR . Will it suffice ? I don't want my application to get delayed/rejected because of any verifications . Pls let me know if there will be any problem ?

You will need a work reference letter, which can be from anyone in your company, or a former colleague. It can also be from someone who has worked with you, and not necessarily your supervisor. You can get that on a plain white paper and get it notarized. Also, include the other documents, such as IT returns, appointment letter, promotion, pay stubs etc and explain it in the LoE.

vishalverma023

Sep 14, 2016
Hi there,

Could anyone help with the LOE of such kind? Anybody here who made the LOe for the same purpose recently?

Thanks,
Vishal

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Thanks everyone ! I'll see what best can be done..

You will need a work reference letter, which can be from anyone in your company, or a former colleague. It can also be from someone who has worked with you, and not necessarily your supervisor. You can get that on a plain white paper and get it notarized. Also, include the other documents, such as IT returns, appointment letter, promotion, pay stubs etc and explain it in the LoE.[/QUOTE

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
You will need a work reference letter, which can be from anyone in your company, or a former colleague. It can also be from someone who has worked with you, and not necessarily your supervisor. You can get that on a plain white paper and get it notarized. Also, include the other documents, such as IT returns, appointment letter, promotion, pay stubs etc and explain it in the LoE.
Thanks for the help!
One more questions. I am currently using a consultant for my ITA filing and he has asked me to get the details from my colleague's official email ID rather than a letter (that I can later notarize). Do you think that is ok? I can maybe take the print out of the email and get that notarized.
My organization doesn't have a system of giving business cards so I can't attach that.

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
T
Hi,

Well, in essence it is. However, if they have refused, a letter from a colleague may work if it is supported by the documents mentioned by @vensak . It however remains the officer's discretion to accept it or not. So make this a last resort and give a good explanation.

regards
Thanks. Will try and get extensive documentation for this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the help!
One more questions. I am currently using a consultant for my ITA filing and he has asked me to get the details from my colleague's official email ID rather than a letter (that I can later notarize). Do you think that is ok? I can maybe take the print out of the email and get that notarized.
My organization doesn't have a system of giving business cards so I can't attach that.

If you notarize the email, you are only vouching yourself for the authenticity of the document. However, when you get the document signed on a plain paper and have it notarized, the person signing it vouches for what he/she has written. You can do both. However, a person writing what he/she has written and getting it notarized has more value that you getting a print and yourself vouching for the authenticity of it. Most consultants are not legally trained and do not understand these finer details.

Reactions: SK2779

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
If you notarize the email, you are only vouching yourself for the authenticity of the document. However, when you get the document signed on a plain paper and have it notarized, the person signing it vouches for what he/she has written. You can do both. However, a person writing what he/she has written and getting it notarized has more value that you getting a print and yourself vouching for the authenticity of it. Most consultants are not legally trained and do not understand these finer details.
Thanks for your advice. I will get both the email and the notarized letter - to be on the safe side