+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Country of Residence

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hello I am filling IMM0008 for spousal application. It's asking " Current Country of Residence". Here's the situation,
I am working in Canada and because i had marriage i moved to India and working remotely until April this year and i will move back to Canada in 3 months. In this. case, whats my current country of residence? "India" or "Canada"? Please advice . Thanks :)

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Where you're residing at the time of application.

If you're a PR, i would recommend you return to Canada before submitting your application for spousal sponsorship, because you need to be in the country to sponsor a spouse.

If you're a citizen it doesn't matter, you can submit it while in India.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Where you're residing at the time of application.

If you're a PR, i would recommend you return to Canada before submitting your application for spousal sponsorship, because you need to be in the country to sponsor a spouse.

If you're a citizen it doesn't matter, you can submit it while in India.
I am temporarily residing in India until next two months and move back to Canada. And, I am not PR yet , in which I've applied PR and it's ongoing right now. I got married in the middle of PR Process and I am trying to apply spouse. alone with mine.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You either add her to your PR application now or you wait until you're a PR and apply for spousal sponsorship.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
You either add her to your PR application now or you wait until you're a PR and apply for spousal sponsorship.
Yeah! i am adding her to my application now. Therefore, I am filling out a imm0008 form in which it has "Current country of residence". Can I enter "Canada" since I am legally working remotely from India and i will also return back in a couple months. ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I got you now.

That shouldn't be a problem, you can put Canada but they will expect you to have a Canadian residential address on the form.

Reactions: goudam

nashaba

Oct 20, 2021
I put my "home country" since i was at my home country while applying with LOE. I had no issues, and i got my PR
Hi @goudam

Thanks for your reply. One more thing. I was asked to submit these to add my spouse as a dependent accompanying applicant.
Do I need to fill these forms as well as the principal applicant or only my spouse will fill these forms as the principal applicant?

Thanks in advance

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hi @goudam

Thanks for your reply. One more thing. I was asked to submit these to add my spouse as a dependent accompanying applicant.

Do I need to fill these forms as well as the principal applicant or only my spouse will fill these forms as the principal applicant?

Thanks in advance
imm0008 - You have to fill as a principal applicant and in the dependant section, you have to add your dependents such as spouse/children's.In the electronic signature, type your name and no need to hand sign and scan. Upload original copy.
imm5669 - Only your spouse. Print and sign / Scan, compress and upload. #8.Make sure to fill time gaps without missing any gap"
imm5406 - You and your spouse. (Total 4 copies, yours (english and native language), your spouse(english and native language). Print and sign / Scan, compress and upload.
Marriage certificate, PCC for spouse, Spouse's passport, LOE, if you include your spouse then Payment receipt.
Do Medicals only after request, do not do UPFRONT MEDICALS otherwise, you will end up doing twice.
You can use multiple webforms to send those documents. Thanks!

Reactions: nashaba

nashaba

Oct 20, 2021
imm0008 - You have to fill as a principal applicant and in the dependant section, you have to add your dependents such as spouse/children's.In the electronic signature, type your name and no need to hand sign and scan. Upload original copy.
imm5669 - Only your spouse. Print and sign / Scan, compress and upload. #8.Make sure to fill time gaps without missing any gap"
imm5406 - You and your spouse. (Total 4 copies, yours (english and native language), your spouse(english and native language). Print and sign / Scan, compress and upload.
Marriage certificate, PCC for spouse, Spouse's passport, LOE, if you include your spouse then Payment receipt.
Do Medicals only after request, do not do UPFRONT MEDICALS otherwise, you will end up doing twice.
You can use multiple webforms to send those documents. Thanks!
Thanks a lot

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot
NP. Once they receive your files and they start processing, they will send another request with spousal questionnaire and wedding evidence photos, etc.. which you don't have to do it now. After processing they will add your dependent in your account, and then biometrics/medicals.

nashaba

Oct 20, 2021
Hi @goudam one last thing

In IMM5669 form which is to be filled up by spouse as suggested by you. In the applicant section at the very beginning will my spouse be principal applicant or spouse? I guess it will be spouse. Am I right?