+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current country of residence (since birth) - From and To dates?

previnperera

Mar 25, 2024
Hi,

My wife, citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, was born in Sri Lanka and has been on a Residence Visa - Child, and then moved to Residence Visa - Spouse (after getting married).

For the Form 1295, Question 7, Current country of residence I entered Country: Sri Lanka, Status: other, Other: Resident Visa - Spouse.For the From and To dates, do I add the day she was born in Sri Lanka and To date as the date her Residence Visa expires? Or should From and To be the Issue and Expiry dates of her residence visa?

Any feedback would be appreciated on the dates and any other details I've shared above.

Thank you!

previnperera

Mar 25, 2024
Is the "To" field a mandatory one? I believe you can leave it blank.
Hi andrews17,

You're right! I didn't realize that until I filled the whole form and hit Validate. Appreciate the info!

One more question, for the "Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French?" question, my wife took IELTS in 2021 but it expired Oct 2023. Do I select "No" since she doesn't have any non-expired test results? Her native language is English (if relevant).

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi andrews17,

You're right! I didn't realize that until I filled the whole form and hit Validate. Appreciate the info!

One more question, for the "Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French?" question, my wife took IELTS in 2021 but it expired Oct 2023. Do I select "No" since she doesn't have any non-expired test results? Her native language is English (if relevant).
I wouldn't harm to add it even if it has expired.