+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Current country of residence" question on IMM 0008

Jun 19, 2013
Hello all,
I am sponsoring my husband's application for Permanent Residency. He has lived in Canada since October 2008. We have been in a relationship for four years and got married in March 2013. During the time he has been in Canada, he has had Visitor status, Skills Worker Status and sometimes no status. He currently has Visitor status. On the Generic Application Form For Canada (IMM 0008), #10, Current country of residence, what do we put as the "From" date? Is that
A) the date he FIRST arrived in Canada, or
B) the date when his current status (Visitor) started?

Many thanks!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Based on the information, it will be the date he FIRST entered Canada.

I found this in the guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp

Question 10
Current country of residence

From the list, select the appropriate information to indicate:
•The name of your current country of residence. Your country of residence is the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country.

For refugee claimants in Canada only: select Canada whether you have been lawfully admitted or not.
•Your immigration status in that country (indicate one of the following): ◦Citizen
◦Permanent resident
◦Visitor
◦Worker
◦Student
◦Other
◦Refugee Claimant
◦Protected Person
◦Foreign National

•Other: This section must be completed if you selected "Other" as a status.
•The dates (From – To) you have been living in your current country of residence.

Jun 19, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Based on the information, it will be the date he FIRST entered Canada.

I found this in the guide: ...
Hello and thank you so much for finding and sharing this guide. Very helpful! It has been an absolute mountain of paperwork and we are so pleased to almost be done. Thanks again.

evoospeed

Dec 26, 2016
hello friends I am a Syrian i am filling IMM 0008 and my current country which i am living is Armenia I entered it with visa in 2013 what will be my current country of residence status ?