+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current CEC Processing, Explained (2022-2023)

Daniel1120

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks for the detailed explanation, but I do have a question could you please advise, really appreciate it. My eligibility first "recommended pass" on March 15 I believe and then finally "passed" and the tracker changed from "in progress" to "complete" the next day, which is March 31, 2023. But since then, I called IRCC 3 times, and they told me that my eligibility "not started", I confirmed with them that it's my eligibility not my dependents', have you ever heard such thing? Just so weird.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
It is weird, but the only thing that comes to mind is that the call centre agents don't have all the info? But on the other hand, tracker is not reliable either, though more in a way that it's not updated regularly, not that it's updated prematurely.

Reactions: cz999

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

I have a question. I did medicals for my study permit in August 2018 and as per the new policy, I am exempt from doing another medicals for my current CEC application. Unfortunately, I don’t have my IME result but I do have my IME number. Is it enough for me to upload a Letter including my IME number? Has anyone done this without uploading the IME result and been successful?

Please advise. Thank you.

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
I have questions about CEC experience with a job offer. If I am working in a NOC B job for one year, how can I claim points for both Canadian work experience and a job offer? If an employer gives an experience letter along with the latest job offer letter, will it be sufficient enough to claim points under CEC?

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello ,

My tracker shows my medical completed BGC check is started. But why is it showing eligibility not started?

I thought BGC is initiated after Eligibility is done.

GCKey says “we are processing your background check…

Can somebody help me in this?

Thank you

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello ,

My tracker shows my medical completed BGC check is started. But why is it showing eligibility not started?

I thought BGC is initiated after Eligibility is done.

GCKey says “we are processing your background check…

Can somebody help me in this?

Thank you
Yesterday they have updated tracker BGC as in progress for many applicants, this is because criminality and information sharing starts almost in the beginning, they were not updating it until yesterday.

So it's for everyone

Reactions: At the start

Lydia2023

Apr 21, 2023
Yesterday they have updated tracker BGC as in progress for many applicants, this is because criminality and information sharing starts almost in the beginning, they were not updating it until yesterday.

So it's for everyone
so this a good signal? they are working on the case, right?

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all, I had my medicals status as completed on 11th April. However, on 24th I got an email that medicals are required.

Not sure why, as I had my medicals done for getting the ict work permit in year 2021 and I stated the same in application.

Can somebody guide on this?

Ita-18th Jan
Aor -12th March
Cec inland

Reactions: Lydia2023

Lydia2023

Apr 21, 2023
What is the status of your application now? I am in the same boat but my eligibility is in progress and my background went in progress and completed the next day.
My BGC changed to In process since April 19, and Eligibility is still showing as Not started. How about you guys? Is there some updates?

Reactions: At the start

Prab1313

May 23, 2023
Tracker is showing BGC under process. But GC Key is showing not yet started. Any idea??

Last edited: