+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cuba Spouse PR - How many of you in this forum

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Hello, Not sure how many of you are still waiting on your spousal visa, I am new to forum.
Got married Apr, 2017.
Iniciated Application June, 2017.
August 2017 processing commenced in Ottawa.
October 2017, file transferred to Havana Embassy
February 2017, medical completed
Now awaiting still. How long after medical before they issue visa?
We just celebrated 1st year anniversary in Cuba (a month earlier, due to work in Canada)
Hoping this nightmare is over soon and we can unite our family finally. Any advice, sugestions, words of encourragment would be greatly appriciated..
Anxiously attempting to stay positive when days turn into years as we await f

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
I am sponsoring my husband, who is Cuban. He completed his medical on January 19, 2018 and was called for an interview on March 13, 2018. His application is now waiting final decision by an Immigration officer. We have been married since October 2016 and applied in April 2017. You can do an inquiry through your MP office to find out the status of the application. I know exactly how you feel, it is very frustrating.

Reactions: Oscarita

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Wishing you good luck. To my knowledge, and as per MP, and embassy of Havana, it takes 12 months to process applications, unless there are other things they have to investigate longer. I am not wanting to interfere too much, as long as it is within processing times. Hoping to hear soon from them. Fingers crossed. yes, it is horrible waiting and not even having approximate time to organize flights and life schedules ... I just want my husband home