+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ

mhr_887

Jul 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am BComm Accounting student at Montreal University, and one year left in completion of my degree. It says on immigration site that one is eligible to apply be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer. Now I am filling my application for CSQ under Regular skilled worker, but under Mon projet it says only completed diploma will be considered for points.Will i get diploma 10 points for degree and 12 for AOT for my accounting degree? Kindly can you guide me regarding that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mathewsrt

Aug 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I am Bsc physics graduate and worked in IT support for 4 years can I gain point in the Area of Training for Quebec?

Please suggest.

Regards
Mathew

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am BComm Accounting student at Montreal University, and one year left in completion of my degree. It says on immigration site that one is eligible to apply be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer. Now I am filling my application for CSQ under Regular skilled worker, but under Mon projet it says only completed diploma will be considered for points.Will i get diploma 10 points for degree and 12 for AOT for my accounting degree? Kindly can you guide me regarding that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
You can apply but they consider only completed diplomas. If you did not finish yet. It is better you wait unless you already have another diploma which you could use to score points.

If I were you, I would apply under PEQ because your csq will be issued within 20 days. I think you also have to have finished your course.

Regards.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi guys,

I am Bsc physics graduate and worked in IT support for 4 years can I gain point in the Area of Training for Quebec?

Please suggest.

Regards
Mathew
Yes you do but you only get points corresponding to your area of training.

On MIDI's webpage you can get a list of area of trainings and their corresponding points.

Regards.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

mhr_887

Jul 25, 2017
You can apply but they consider only completed diplomas. If you did not finish yet. It is better you wait unless you already have another diploma which you could use to score points.

If I were you, I would apply under PEQ because your csq will be issued within 20 days. I think you also have to have finished your course.

Regards.
Thanks for your message. Yes i will wait till i get my degree. By that time i will have 1560 hours part time Canadian experience as well in my field. Do you think it is better to apply under express entry? Which one will be better and fast? Thanks in advance

Regards

Reactions: boblast

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks for your message. Yes i will wait till i get my degree. By that time i will have 1560 hours part time Canadian experience as well in my field. Do you think it is better to apply under express entry? Which one will be better and fast? Thanks in advance

Regards
For sure, EE is the best option to go for. If you have a high score anywhere between at least 430 or 450 points. Yes, I think you could try. However, be advised of that, I only found out it here in Quebec, when you apply for immigration through federal program (EE) while living anywhere in Quebec. For immigration, it is a red flag, it totally goes against the immigration law. You can only apply for federal program if you plan to live outside of Quebec province.

Because of that, you will have to write letter of intent explaining why you want to live anywhere in Canada and not in Quebec as all your ties with Canada is Quebec and only then the immigration border officer will make a decision based on your profile and this letter. I have heard about people who had their PR request denied. The reason why was they were living in Quebec. I think usually the border service officer gives you 30 days to get out of Quebec when they are about to deny your case file. if that's is the case, you can try but no one has this answer because it is reliant on a human decision.

Honestly, it is very hard to guess about. Therefore, If I were you, I would apply through PEQ. I also heard that this letter is very hard to prove if you don't have ties elsewhere in Canada. Many advise to apply for jobs elsewhere but you know, don't underestimate somebody else's intelligence. These guys who work for immigration are as smart as you, I and anyone else. They know what they are doing.

I would reduce the risk although I know that sometimes when we want one thing very much we have to take chances.

It is up to you. just trying to help you with your decision don't want to scare you at all. I was in Toronto and had a chance to apply for EE but then I decided to accept an opportunity here in Montreal. After that, I found out that I kind of messed up my immigration plans when I moved from Toronto to Montreal because of this letter of intent. As result of that, I decided to apply through regular skilled worker in Quebec because you know, a bird in hand is worth than two in the bushes. it will take a long road to get there but I still prefer to do one thing that I feel comfortable and I think it is right.

Regards.

Last edited: