+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ to PR. Any restrictions to stay in Quebec?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
*** Since no one replied to me in the Quebec Immigration section, I am taking my chances here. Appreciate if someone can reply. ***

Hi everyone,

I am planning a move to Quebec from Toronto as an international student. I have some questions if someone can please clarify them for me :

- Once I get CSQ, how long does it take to get PR. Are there any restrictions to stay in Quebec after that?

- Is Montreal more expensive to live in comparison to toronto?

- Part time jobs with English only? easy or difficult to find.

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
-It takes " I think " 2 months to get your PR according to the processing times on cic gate.

-I don't know if Montreal is more expensive than Toronto since I have never been to Toronto but most people say that in Toronto salaries are higher with lower taxes. Here we always say, if you want money, go to toronto.

-Part time jobs with English only I don't think at all, here they require either French only OR BOTH.

- There is no restrictions to move to Toronto after getting your CSQ. But what matters is that you have to stop studying if you are planning to apply for a CSQ under program d'experience as a student or even a skilled worker.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
YoussefZaky said:
-It takes " I think " 2 months to get your PR according to the processing times on cic gate.

-I don't know if Montreal is more expensive than Toronto since I have never been to Toronto but most people say that in Toronto salaries are higher with lower taxes. Here we always say, if you want money, go to toronto.

-Part time jobs with English only I don't think at all, here they require either French only OR BOTH.

- There is no restrictions to move to Toronto after getting your CSQ. But what matters is that you have to stop studying if you are planning to apply for a CSQ under program d'experience as a student or even a skilled worker.
Youssef, thanks for your detailed and prompt reply. Appreciate it a lot.

- As to money in Toronto it's there if you find a good job. Toronto's living expenses are quite high.

- I intend to enroll in a french course as well but to get to a workable level of french I need atleast a year so I guess I need to have close
to one year of expenses that way.

- I intend to move back to Toronto (maybe) after PR only.

Great that I posted it here. Thanks again. +1 your way.

Cheers.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Gymguy said:
*** Since no one replied to me in the Quebec Immigration section, I am taking my chances here. Appreciate if someone can reply. ***

Hi everyone,

I am planning a move to Quebec from Toronto as an international student. I have some questions if someone can please clarify them for me :

- Once I get CSQ, how long does it take to get PR. Are there any restrictions to stay in Quebec after that?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Once you get your CSQ, you apply to CIC for PR via the non-EE route which takes about 15 months. I really wanna be wrong about this but select the options "Economic Class", "Provincial Nominees", "No" on the cic processing times page and see.

@Youssef please show me where where it says 2 months to get PR. AFAIK, that's 2 months to get your PR card.

Not having lived there I can't speak from personal experience but rent and food is way cheaper in Quebec than t
he rest of Canada. Based on my research, a similar apartment costs 1.7 times more in Toronto and almost 2 times more in Vancouver than in Montreal. In Montreal you can afford to live in the downtown area but not so much in Toronto and Vancouver. But yes, taxes are higher in Quebec too.

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. You need to learn french to survive in Quebec although 2 years is a very long time to learn a language

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
harvijay1001 said:

Once you get your CSQ, you apply to CIC for PR via the non-EE route which takes about 15 months. I really wanna be wrong about this but select the options "Economic Class", "Provincial Nominees", "No" on the cic processing times page and see.

@Youssef please show me where where it says 2 months to get PR. AFAIK, that's 2 months to get your PR card.

Not having lived there I can't speak from personal experience but rent and food is way cheaper in Quebec than t
he rest of Canada. Based on my research, a similar apartment costs 1.7 times more in Toronto and almost 2 times more in Vancouver than in Montreal. In Montreal you can afford to live in the downtown area but not so much in Toronto and Vancouver. But yes, taxes are higher in Quebec too.

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. You need to learn french to survive in Quebec although 2 years is a very long time to learn a language
Harvijay mate you are a true legend (with all that research and point-blank answers).

PR time is a black and white area but I don't care as I have met lot of folks in downtown toronto where I live and their EE points hovering around (they have been here in toronto for 5 years) 410-460 still praying for PR. I heard that McCallum is coming out with new flexible rules for International students in this fall but I can't guess where it might lead me. He might devise some bonus points like AOT in quebec but I can only guess this time.

Harvijay I am getting on the francophone bandwagon after reaching Montreal ;D. if everything goes well I might be there December end. Will waste one semester fees here but there's a reason behind why I can't move now.

On the same note, I have heard of few students who are working part time with English only. So, French is a necessity but there's no black-out of english only in jobs.

+1 I can't give because your 'pet dinosaur' post got it yesterday. :D

Harvijay thanks with loads of appreciation.

Cheers

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Gymguy said:
Harvijay mate you are a true legend (with all that research and point-blank answers).

PR time is a black and white area but I don't care as I have met lot of folks in downtown toronto where I live and their EE points hovering around (they have been here in toronto for 5 years) 410-460 still praying for PR. I heard that McCallum is coming out with new flexible rules for International students in this fall but I can't guess where it might lead me. He might devise some bonus points like AOT in quebec but I can only guess this time.

Harvijay I am getting on the francophone bandwagon after reaching Montreal ;D. if everything goes well I might be there December end. Will waste one semester fees here but there's a reason behind why I can't move now.

On the same note, I have heard of few students who are working part time with English only. So, French is a necessity but there's no black-out of english only in jobs.

+1 I can't give because your 'pet dinosaur' post got it yesterday. :D

Harvijay thanks with loads of appreciation.

Cheers
Again, I'm too in love with Montreal to be objective anymore so do your own research too :p

As for PNP streams, here is my take on them:

PNP by provincial agency(6 months) + EE based federal processing(6 months) = 12 months

PNP by provincial agency(6 months) + non-EE federal processing(15 months) = 21 months

CSQ from MIDI(20 days) + non-EE federal processing (15 months) = 16 months

I guess I'll take my chances on CSQ anyday.

And who knows by the time we graduate, even Quebec nominations may start getting processed via EE

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
harvijay1001 said:
Again, I'm too in love with Montreal to be objective anymore so do your own research too :p

As for PNP streams, here is my take on them:

PNP by provincial agency(6 months) + EE based federal processing(6 months) = 12 months

PNP by provincial agency(6 months) + non-EE federal processing(15 months) = 21 months

CSQ from MIDI(20 days) + non-EE federal processing (15 months) = 16 months

I guess I'll take my chances on CSQ anyday.

And who knows by the time we graduate, even Quebec nominations may start getting processed via EE
Harvijay Thanks again dude.

I will be also doing fair bit of research. Keep us updated about your visa approval.

Cheers.

goutcha123

Jul 5, 2016

first you have to know what program you will apply to get CSQ there is 3 ways to get it (one take a long time and the 2 others max 21 days)(FRENCH TEST REQUIRED) after that the average to get PR via CIC is 10 to 15 mouths no express entry related . AND LAST PART no restriction go wherever you want to go no obligation. just a moral obligation.

- Is Montreal more expensive to live in comparison to Toronto?
the answer is simply NO ,,,,,been in Toronto and i can tell you that even in Toronto salaries are higher but living in Toronto is more expensive even with less tax than Quebec

usually they ask for bilingual but you can easily find part time jobs only with English .