+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ request - help needed

Sep 3, 2017
Hi,

I am the principal applicant on my spousal sponsorship application (common-law class) and my Quebecois partner is the sponsor. I received an invitation to link my paper application to an online account on 16th August. Through that, I received a letter telling me to submit police certificates and a schedule A (both done.) That letter also said:

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec - As a resident of the province of Québec, a
letter will be sent to your sponsor instructing them to submit an undertaking application to the
Provincial Government. A Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de
l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) must issued to IRCC by MIDI in your
name. For more information please consult the website at www.immigrationquebec.
gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html. Processing times for this document are not less than 25
days, therefore you should apply as soon as possible, the document must be received at this
office by: 2017/10/15
Partner has received no correspondence, by mail or by email. The only thing he received was an email on 16th August saying only:

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/07/12 on behalf of the following member(s):
[MY NAME]

That doesn't seem like what they're talking about in the first letter, but we've received nothing else. Does anybody know how long it is supposed to take to get the letter instructing you to submit the undertaking application? If I have to receive and submit a CSQ by 15th October, I need to be able to apply as soon as possible. I originally submitted the application in April but had it returned in July because I had not put down my partner as my family member on the family background form. My visa expires on the 23rd October, so I'm really starting to panic. I have seen people on here say that there are big delays this year, so I am wondering if it is just that. If I haven't received a document request by the deadline of the 15th, what do I do?

All help appreciated!