+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ PEQ July 2018 timeline

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
Hi everyone, let's share our timelines...

CSQ - PEQ graduate:

application received ( Tefaq C1/C1 + concordia level 6 ): july 9th 2018
letter from MIDI - payment and file nr: july 16th 2018

Reactions: qa1 and evi95

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
Hi everyone, let's share our timelines...

CSQ - PEQ graduate:

application received ( Tefaq C1/C1 + concordia level 6 ): july 9th 2018
letter from MIDI - payment and file nr: july 16th 2018
I received my CSQ on August 3... it took less than 3 weeks...

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I received my CSQ on August 3... it took less than 3 weeks...
Hi! I was just wondering whether you could share your experience with French in Quebec. When did you start learning it? Do you think concordia courses prepare you well for the TEFAQ exam?

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
Hello, I started learning French before arriving in Québec. The Concordia course did not help at all for the TEFAQ exam... my recommendation is to find a tutor so you can learn and train the oral exam format. It is pretty straight forward...but it takes practice. For the oral comprehension, you need to listen as much Frech as possible and may practice with this book: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/product/9782090323160-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Shopping_All_Products_RLSA&ds_rl=1254699&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9mmm_rY3QIVEVuGCh1kEQMWEAYYASABEgK_AfD_BwE
Finally, check the TEFAQ exam manual - it explains the exam format: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Manuel-du-candidat-TEFAQ.pdf Good luck!

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hello, I started learning French before arriving in Québec. The Concordia course did not help at all for the TEFAQ exam... my recommendation is to find a tutor so you can learn and train the oral exam format. It is pretty straight forward...but it takes practice. For the oral comprehension, you need to listen as much Frech as possible and may practice with this book: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/product/9782090323160-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Shopping_All_Products_RLSA&ds_rl=1254699&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9mmm_rY3QIVEVuGCh1kEQMWEAYYASABEgK_AfD_BwE
Finally, check the TEFAQ exam manual - it explains the exam format: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Manuel-du-candidat-TEFAQ.pdf Good luck!
Thank you for your response and for providing the source links, it is greatly appreciated! What I was wondering about is whether taking a course helps you to increase your general language level, not specifically whether it prepares you for the TEFAQ format. For example, right now I am on A2 so I was wondering whether taking any course helps you to achieve the real B2 in two years so that you can start preparing for taking the TEFAQ and practicing its format.

evi95

Sep 27, 2018
hi
I was wondering what steps you took after receiving you CSQ. Did you apply for PR?
And also what degree did u complete? masters or bachelor?

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
Hello guys, I got my CSQ!!!!

Timeline:
They received my file on 07 Nov
CSQ approved on 23 Nov
And today 27 got it in the mail!!

I applied as PEQ temp worker

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello guys, I got my CSQ!!!!

Timeline:
They received my file on 07 Nov
CSQ approved on 23 Nov
And today 27 got it in the mail!!

I applied as PEQ temp worker
Congratulations. Did you sit for tefaq? If so, any preparation course that you joined and name of your test centre. Thanks

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Is it my suspicion, or PEQ interviews (and tefaq lowering of scores) are less often now in 2019
It's a fact but with a twist. There's no provision of lowering tefaq score anymore. Interviews still for those who submit certification class and some notified nationalities from french school .Rest is all good.

Number of peq csq has dropped to less than 20% in comparison to 2015. This is how they will reduce the numbers of qualified and quebec educated graduates which will be compensated by illiterate and fake refugees who speak French.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hey all! How long should I wait for my CSQ (using PEQ), approximately, from the day the mail arrived to MIDI? Is it realistically four weeks, assuming no interview?

In the mean time, should I receive a notification or an email acknowledging my applciation? I sent it 10 days ago, but have received nothing yet, and my credit card hasn't been processed.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey all! How long should I wait for my CSQ (using PEQ), approximately, from the day the mail arrived to MIDI? Is it realistically four weeks, assuming no interview?

In the mean time, should I receive a notification or an email acknowledging my applciation? I sent it 10 days ago, but have received nothing yet, and my credit card hasn't been processed.
5 weeks if no verification letter before that.

Your credit card will be charged in next week or so and then you will receive an acknowledgement also.

Did you submit Tefaq/TCF or just certification class results?

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
5 weeks if no verification letter before that.

Your credit card will be charged in next week or so and then you will receive an acknowledgement also.

Did you submit Tefaq/TCF or just certification class results?
Oh thank you! I submitted Tefaq (B2 speaking/C1 listening). I'm assuming, verification is unlikely