+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ PEQ - Addition of spouse on existing CSQ - Delay

MM30

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding the timeline that MIFI follows in the case of addition of spouse to existing CSQ. My husband applied for his CSQ two years ago and he got it within a few days (PEQ stream). He submitted at the federal and since then he has been waiting for the pr. In the meantime, we got married and once we had the marriage certificate we submitted a request to add me to his CSQ in January 2020. The payment was processed in February. We haven't heard back since then. Has anyone else been in similar situation? We called them before submitting to ask how long it would take and they said that adding a spouse to existing CSQ (PEQ) is a very simple process and it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.... It's been more than 3 months and nothing! Everything else at the federal level is ready for both of us with estimated completion time July 2020... Only the CSQ is missing and my biometrics (waiting for VACs to reopen).
Any ideas what might be happening? We are both currently in Quebec (he is on a work permit and I am on a study permit).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding the timeline that MIFI follows in the case of addition of spouse to existing CSQ. My husband applied for his CSQ two years ago and he got it within a few days (PEQ stream). He submitted at the federal and since then he has been waiting for the pr. In the meantime, we got married and once we had the marriage certificate we submitted a request to add me to his CSQ in January 2020. The payment was processed in February. We haven't heard back since then. Has anyone else been in similar situation? We called them before submitting to ask how long it would take and they said that adding a spouse to existing CSQ (PEQ) is a very simple process and it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.... It's been more than 3 months and nothing! Everything else at the federal level is ready for both of us with estimated completion time July 2020... Only the CSQ is missing and my biometrics (waiting for VACs to reopen).
Any ideas what might be happening? We are both currently in Quebec (he is on a work permit and I am on a study permit).

Thank you in advance!
Hi! Can I know it goes? You got it out PR already?