+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

Nawar Helala

Jan 12, 2019
My AOR came 2 months after they recieved my application so it is even worse now :( but they are still working someone on another thread recieved his CSQ last week so hopefully it won't be too long

Nawar Helala

Jan 12, 2019
Are you kidding me?
I think we misunderstood each other.
the dates i posted b4 were my timeline I haven't received my csq yet I am still waiting.

the guy who I was talking to earlier today did receive his aor last week but his Date are different he sent his documents Oct 29 and received his AOR NOVEMBER 11 I believe you can go back and check his posts on this thread

Romakim

Jan 16, 2020
Are you kidding me?
JeanP.
Send application by expresspost the 29 october (2019)
they receive it the 31 October
Charge my CC the 11 November (I have receive the receipt date from 11 November).
But when I try to have news, always "in process" between the begin of March 2020.
Place a call to the ombudsman (the 30 March). Ombudsman have 10 business day to check the case.
Have receive a call from the agent just the day before the 10 day arrive (I think they want to "avoid" problem), saying me the CSQ is approve.
Have receive it by mail last week.
Note: My wife and me pass interview in HK the 29 January, miss some documents + CSQ (we provide missing document quickly, but CSQ missing for MORE than 25 days. On the immigration Quebec site, it is write the processing delay will not affect the deliverance of visa, I open a complain at the ombudsman about the delay affect MY situation (create a delay in the process))

Reactions: tham_son

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Yes, after mid November 2019 they gave aor after 6wks...
even more than a month. I got AOR 2 months later.
JeanP.
Send application by expresspost the 29 october (2019)
they receive it the 31 October
Charge my CC the 11 November (I have receive the receipt date from 11 November).
But when I try to have news, always "in process" between the begin of March 2020.
Place a call to the ombudsman (the 30 March). Ombudsman have 10 business day to check the case.
Have receive a call from the agent just the day before the 10 day arrive (I think they want to "avoid" problem), saying me the CSQ is approve.
Have receive it by mail last week.
Note: My wife and me pass interview in HK the 29 January, miss some documents + CSQ (we provide missing document quickly, but CSQ missing for MORE than 25 days. On the immigration Quebec site, it is write the processing delay will not affect the deliverance of visa, I open a complain at the ombudsman about the delay affect MY situation (create a delay in the process))
which ombusmand are you referring to? what's your timeline pls?

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Ok so who got the CSQ ,im confused???

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
@JeanP. Hi can you please share with us which ombusmand you contacted? And also what's your timeline please? Cheers

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hello all,

My timeline,
Apply for my Chinese wife. in April 2019.
Pass bio metric in June 2019, medical in July 2019.

Have receive the Email to ask for CSQ in middle October 2019 (by "luck" I have meeting with my wife in October (back Canada the 26 October 2019)).
We fill-up together the documents and I send it by express post the 29 October 2019 (they receive it the 31 October 2019)
Charge my CC the 11 November (I receive later the receipt with date of 11 November).
In November we (both my wife and me) receive interview appointment in HK for the 29 January 2020.
At that interview, they ask us documents (police certificate and other documents for her adult daughter who did not ask for permanent visa).
In the same meeting agent (Canada) inform us it is also missing the CSQ.
I return to Canada (HK-> PVG -> YUL) the 30 January. My wife send all missing documents (daughter) in the next 15 day's.

In first week of March, I call immigration Quebec to see what happen with the CSQ, because it is the ONLY missing documents for her visa.
Answer: they just begin to work on you files "Call back in 2 weeks (normal process time)".
I call 2 weeks later: they told me, "still in process".
Call again one week later.... again --> "still in process", I ask agent why so long... the agent say me she put message for the immigration person in "charge" of my files, they have 48h to 72h (open day) to give an answer.
Call after that each 3 day's (3 x), the person in charge never answer (for 2 weeks). Agent (Quebec), say me it is not normal, but can not do anything (her supervisor try to contact the agent directly for 2 day's and not have any feedback also)
I call my provincial deputy (I know personally, her office responsible give me the ombudsman # (514) 873-3533 (bureau des plaintes), and say me to begin there).
I put a complain about "agent not give any feedback" AND the delay now create me problem* , the ombudsman have 10 open day's to answer.
The day before the 10 day's, an agent from immigration Quebec call me on my mobile advising me my CSQ is approve and will be send next Monday to HK office.
The agent who call me is not the same agent name on the CSQ certificate.

* On the immigration Quebec site:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

"However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. "

On my complain I advise this information is FALSE, they must remove this from the website,

MY CSQ need 24 weeks (not 25 day's) to process (from the time they have receive it, and time they ISSUE the CSQ, add one week for receiving a paper copy).
I estimate, Immigration Quebec have CREATE a minimum delay of more than 4 to 8 weeks in our visa process (I mean MINIMUM). I think the visa will already be done if is not because them.

Last edited:

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Hello all,

My timeline,
Apply for my Chinese wife. in April 2019.
Pass bio metric in June 2019, medical in July 2019.

Have receive the Email to ask for CSQ in middle October 2019 (by "luck" I have meeting with my wife in October (back Canada the 26 October 2019)).
We fill-up together the documents and I send it by express post the 29 October 2019 (they receive it the 31 October 2019)
Charge my CC the 11 November (I receive later the receipt with date of 11 November).
In November we (both my wife and me) receive interview appointment in HK for the 29 January 2020.
At that interview, they ask us documents (police certificate and other documents for her adult daughter who did not ask for permanent visa).
In the same meeting agent (Canada) inform us it is also missing the CSQ.
I return to Canada (HK-> PVG -> YUL) the 30 January. My wife send all missing documents (daughter) in the next 15 day's.

In first week of March, I call immigration Quebec to see what happen with the CSQ, because it is the ONLY missing documents for her visa.
Answer: they just begin to work on you files "Call back in 2 weeks (normal process time)".
I call 2 weeks later: they told me, "still in process".
Call again one week later.... again --> "still in process", I ask agent why so long... the agent say me she put message for the immigration person in "charge" of my files, they have 48h to 72h (open day) to give an answer.
Call after that each 3 day's (3 x), the person in charge never answer (for 2 weeks). Agent (Quebec), say me it is not normal, but can not do anything (her supervisor try to contact the agent directly for 2 day's and not have any feedback also)
I call my provincial deputy (I know personally, her office responsible give me the ombudsman # (514) 873-3533 (bureau des plaintes), and say me to begin there).
I put a complain about "agent not give any feedback" AND the delay now create me problem* , the ombudsman have 10 open day's to answer.
The day before the 10 day's, an agent from immigration Quebec call me on my mobile advising me my CSQ is approve and will be send next Monday to HK office.
The agent who call me is not the same agent name on the CSQ certificate.

* On the immigration Quebec site:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

"However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. "

On my complain I advise this information is FALSE, they must remove this from the website,

MY CSQ need 24 weeks (not 25 day's) to process (from the time they have receive it, and time they ISSUE the CSQ, add one week for receiving a paper copy).
I estimate, Immigration Quebec have CREATE a minimum delay of more than 4 to 8 weeks in our visa process (I mean MINIMUM). I think the visa will already be done if is not because them.
Thank you very much for your info. Very happy that it worked out for you. The MIFI received my appilcation on Nov. 12 2019 and my AOR is Dec 2 2019. I asked twice the NDVO for time extension. So I guess I will wait.

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Thank you very much for your info. Very happy that it worked out for you. The MIFI received my appilcation on Nov. 12 2019 and my AOR is Dec 2 2019. I asked twice the NDVO for time extension. So I guess I will wait.
You are between 2 to 3 weeks after me, you must receive soon news.
Take a chance to call next Monday (202/05/04), I think you will have some result.