+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

Tyler80

Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys,
I just called the MIFI regarding the delays and he actually told me that the dates mentioned on their website is based on the AOR and not on the date they received the file. I asked him twice and I told him that some other people received a complete different information (referring to the forums), namely that the date is based on the day MIFI received the file and not based on the AOR. He said that it wasn’t the case and that the delay is based on the AOR...
oh no.. if it's based on AOR I sent my in Dec. 10th 2019 and I only got the AOR on Jan. 22 2020.... 1.5 months extra more of waiting!

unbelievable.
seems like they are progressively getting slower and slower.

thanks for the info though

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
oh no.. if it's based on AOR I sent my in Dec. 10th 2019 and I only got the AOR on Jan. 22 2020.... 1.5 months extra more of waiting!

unbelievable.

Yes, unfortunately. They received ours on December 9th and we got the AOR on January 21st so very similar to your situation :)

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi guys,
I just called the MIFI regarding the delays and he actually told me that the dates mentioned on their website is based on the AOR and not on the date they received the file. I asked him twice and I told him that some other people received a complete different information (referring to the forums), namely that the date is based on the day MIFI received the file and not based on the AOR. He said that it wasn’t the case and that the delay is based on the AOR...
I called and she said aor because before aor and received date were few days apart. Them went to check and said it's date received. Clearly even by calling, the information differs. So honestly at the moment it doesnt matter at all. Its rhise who sent it around the end of november and after that had a big gap between received date and aor. For now, relax and just wait.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
I called and she said aor because before aor and received date were few days apart. Them went to check and said it's date received. Clearly even by calling, the information differs. So honestly at the moment it doesnt matter at all. Its rhise who sent it around the end of november and after that had a big gap between received date and aor. For now, relax and just wait.
Yeah, I think it takes more than 6 months for applications sent since end of November.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Yeah, I think it takes more than 6 months for applications sent since end of November.
I think there is no need to speculate. We shall see when they are processing those applications. It will come at one point anyway. I originally thought it would come out in May so thats around 5-6 months.

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Well I am waiting indeed, I didn’t call to check what was going on with our file.......I called because they had changed the date last week regarding delays on their website from November 22nd to October 22th. The person just happened to mention the thing about the AOR/date received so I just thought I would inform everyone as it is an important information.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
I'm November 2019 application, #Quebec, #Outland. My file was transferred to Manila VO and waiting for #CSQ, not Medical request yet.

I'm planning to move another country which belongs to Singapore VO early. Do you think my file will not have any issue with that? When do I need to inform them that I change my address? Anybody here has same issue?

Romakim

Jan 16, 2020

unbelievable.

Our AOR is the same. I think MIFI did not received or accept any undertaking files during their Christmas vacation, so its a less days to us to count from app received to AOR?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Our AOR is the same. I think MIFI did not received or accept any undertaking files during their Christmas vacation, so its a less days to us to count from app received to AOR?
Actually it has nothing to do with the christmas vacation since they were closed only 3 days that week. The thing is application received from december onwards, there is a gap of 5-6 weeks between received date and AOR. Thats why we are waiting for the MIFI website to be updated with december dates to see if we should go with our AOR date or received date. The previous applications had only few days between received and AOR.

Reactions: Romakim

andreslva

Nov 7, 2019
MEXICO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
- 20 novembre 2019 en faveur d’un époux ou d’une épouse, d’un conjoint ou d’une conjointe de fait, ou d’un enfant à charge;
- 4 novembre 2019 en faveur d’autres membres de famille.

anybody who'd had received it CSQ lately? your timeline helps a lot to know what to expect... please share... Have a good day!

Last edited:
Reactions: tham_son