+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

hamsterQC

May 6, 2023
Hi all, wanted to update on our situation.
We were on vacation shortly after I made that post,and based the advice here and after speaking to some aquantainces who are also going through immigration, we were going to call and do a gcms. Right before calling in early june I noticed our application changed from "in progress" to "decision made"! In the end we did not have to resend anything.
It's been about a week since then and haven't received any mail/email with the decision. Now we're just waiting to know what the actual decision is.

This is our updated timeline: (edit: Inland common-law sponsorship, no kids, paper application, CPC Mississauga):
- Application sent: late May 2022 (sponsorship + common-law declaration + open work permit extension*)
- AOR + new work permit provided*: June 2022
- Medical exams request, sent and received: July 2022
- Update from IIRC to do the QC "undertaking application": Nov 2022
- Documents sent to the QC gov: Nov 2022
- CSQ received: (approved) Jan 2023
- IRCC application update from "in progress" to "decision made": June 2023
*My partner was previously on a working holiday visa so we applied for this as well.

Overall I think our application was going by quickly at the beginning, but this last 6 month with no update has made it a "normal" amount of time. When we applied it said the current wait was 12-14 months. Maybe had we called or done a gcms after 1-2 months of the CSQ results it could've sped things up.
Hoping we don't wait another 5 months for the result lol.

Last edited:

hamsterQC

May 6, 2023
While I'm here, minor semi-related rant about the medical exam.
My partner went to one of the numerous places that do them, all went well. They told him they send the results directly to the IRCC. The application said "medical results received", but has never specified passed or not. Never received a copy of the results either.
In these times where it is hard to get a doctor's appointment and when my partner currently has no healthcare, it would've been nice to get a copy of the results eh